• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

oil seal

1. C

Tricks to removing the oil seal

Hi, I'm replacing my rotor on my /5 and noted that I'm leaking a bit of oil from the seal. Is there a trick to removing (and replacing) the crank shaft seal? thank you Chuck
  2. N

Rear Main Oil Seal Removal ~

I believe that folks are making more of a job out of this than is necessary. I had planned to disassemble an engine for some parts and finally got a chance to photograph the technique. Here in photographs is how I remove a rear main oil seal from the engine case of, in this case, a 1978 R100/7...
Back