• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

k1600

1. J

KI1600 GTL Cruise Control Issue

I bought my K1600 GTL new in 2012 and have had intermittent failures of cruise control ever since. I use cruise control ALOT locally because of my right hand problems, and rarely have it fail, however once I'm on a longer trip, cruise control becomes flakey. I've had this evaluated at the...
  2. jsykora

2013 K1600 GTL - 50k km Service - Failed Ignition Coil - Replace All or One?

Here's a dilemma I need some educated feedback on, mostly as I've never owned a bike into it's middle age years, but I absolutely love riding the K1600 GTL (which I bought used last spring) and want to maintain it in highway touring condition. It's currently at the dealer, High Road BMW in...
  3. M

2014 k1600 GT - INSTALLING INVIEW BRAKE AND TURN SIGNAL LIGHT?

My kids gave me the Inview Wireless Brake and Turn Signal Light for Christmas. I just picked up a 2014 K1600 GT so I thought I'd try it out on this. The more I'm reading about the wiring on these, the less confident I am. Is it simply a matter of tracing the wires back? I cannot seem to...
  4. M

K1600 Recall Data Published in the Netherlands! IMPORTANT!

Here is what was released to Motor.NL by BMW. Apparently two gears can engage at once, causing rear wheel lock-up. I've talked to two dealers in the Midwest and they have no K's in for gear box issues. FWIW
  5. A

Fuel gauge, Sirius radio reception

2018 K1600 GTL fuel gauge will not read full, always stays one bar low, have filled on center stand, side stand, makes no difference. Radio is solid reception going south, or west, is constantly linking going north or east . Will go linking sitting at an open intersection in those directions...
  6. H

K1600's any frame differences

My current ride is a 2015 F800R, I'm contemplating going to one of the K1600's but was curious if the frame was the same on all the models (B, GT, GTL). I like the look of the "B", however, I don't want to trade off handling performance of a GT. Essentially, are the bikes the same (B, GT, GL)...
  7. L

BMW Com Pairing - Helmet, Bike & Phone

Can anyone provide some insights on the best way to pair multiple devices? I ride a K1600GT, have the BMW Communcations System, BMW Nav VI and a Blackberry Curve. Nav plugs in and works great, helmet com system pairs to the bike, all audio (radio, MP3s and Nav) all work fine. Phone pairs to...
  8. PGS

K1600 Shop Manual

Does anyone know anything about how to get a K1600 shop manual? I have seen posts about a shop manual on CD (or DVD?) but have not see anything about availability. I am new to BMWs - are shop manual typically sold by BMW, or 3rd parties, or both?
Back