• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

49liter

1. k12lts

Lock cylinder removal new style 49L top case

I'm thinking of buying a used top case for my 2015 RT and I'd have to recode the lock cylinder. I've done that before on the old style case but don't know how to get the cylinder out of the new style case. Has anyone done it?
  2. dunc723

49L Topcase Disassembly

I have a BMW 49L topcase on my 2006 RT. I want to install tail/brake/turn signal lights on the lower half of the case and run the wiring in the space between the outer shell and inner shell. Is it possible to disassemble the two? I tried removing all the screws on the inside and could sort of...
  3. wyman.winn

Re-Key help on 49 liter top box - '13 R1200RT

ok, i am not as daft as one would think....:scratch i need some help on re-keying a 49 liter top box...:banghead followed the RepRom detailed instructions on dis-assembly of the top box, all went well and was able to remove the locking mechanism quite easily...in re-reading (seemed like a...
Back