• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1200gs

1. M

A warm hello to all from British Columbia, Canada!

Hello All! Turns out I signed up for this forum in 2015, then forgot all about it...lol. So time for an introduction: Grew up in The Netherlands and since 2007 live in western Canada (BC) which is great motorcycle riding country as many of you know. I own a 2005 F650 GS on which I clocked...
  2. hogie

Hello from Ottawa

Recently joined the ranks of the riding. This is one crossed off the bucket list for me. I've been wanting to ride for some time but just never seemed to get around to it with all of life's other responsibilities. Made that a thing of the past with some encouragement from friends (R&R) and my...
  3. R

Rigging an R1200GS Helmet Lock

I recently traded up, selling the 1997 R1100GS I’ve been riding since 2009 – my second BMW, following a brief stint on an F650GS Dakar – in order to pick up a little newer 2005 R1200GS. Despite having enjoyed riding the 1100GS, especially once I had picked up an aftermarket Wunderlich Ergo seat...
  4. D

Donp - Wind noise/buffeting on a '12 R1200GS?

Old to dirt bikes but new to street bikes. Looking for r1200gs rider info. I test road a 2012 gs bike and wasn't happy with the wind noise & head and upper body buffeting. Is there any way to negate this condition and get a more enjoyable ride. I did see this bike for sale with an Areoflow...
  5. G

Experience with Ohlins TTX shocks on a non-ESA R1200GS?

At about 25K, I'm looking to replace the shocks on my non-ESA 2007 R1200GS. Ohlins TTX shocks are an option, more expensive than the emulsion shocks by Ohlins, Hyperpro, Wilburs and the rest, but reasonably in line with higher end (reservoir, rebound and compression adjustment) shocks. The...
  6. J

Farewell to Rocinante!

This is a tribute to my R1200GS that took me through 23 of the lower 48, 3 Canadian provinces and Alaska in the last year. Last week I sold Rocinante to make way for the next chapter in my life; a move to Guatemala to study Spanish and work into a cutting-edge Community Development org. As...
  7. churribmw

Handle bar camera RAM mount on R12GS

I want to put a front facing video camera on my GS, preferably on a RAM mount. Anyone have experience with this? What solutions are there that WORKS. I you have pics, please post! Thx, Chris
  8. S

hello from Chester NJ

Hello everyone. Joined last fall. I am 49 years old, Italian citizen living in NJ and loving it!. Been riding all my life. BMW's mostly. Planning a cross country trip this July to celabrate my 50th. Planning to retrace the oregon trail, off road as much as possible with a 2005 1200gs. Any...
  9. X

US Cross-Country Trip - DC to SF - HELP NEEDED

Hello fellow BMWers, I am taking my 1200 GS on a 30-day cross-country trip (July 26th-Aug 24th) across the United States starting in Washington D.C. going to San Francisco and back to D.C. I plan on hitting most of the major National and State Parks along the way while mostly camping at each...
  10. S

Decisions, Decisions GSA, GS or ???

Guys, From feedback from other posters I think that at +/- 5'9" (barefoot) and 30" inseam, I may be too short for using a GSA on more technically challenging terrain. I am looking to do some long, cross country trips in developing countries: My riding will be: -On pavement (But-poor road...
Back