• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

warranty

1. mxsx337

Extended Warranty

I know that the "house always wins". That being said, I think I would like to buy the peace-of-mind. I am hoping that a few of you who HAVE purchased an extended warranty would share some information with me: Where/who did you buy the warranty from? The name of the warranty company. The...
  2. 1957mpd

Extended Warranty Companies

My BMW dealership is a vendor for an extended warranty company called Assurance American. Anyone have any experience with this company or any other aftermarket you'd care to share? I am about to close on a new GSA which of course comes with a 3-yr warranty, but as everyone who's ever bought...
  3. J

Canadian warranty - did you know?

BMW Canada tells me that new bike warranties in Canada are entirely the responsibility of the dealer. I have failed fork seals on a 2016 R1200RS at 22000 Km and my dealer tells me they are only covered for 7500km. Presumably that means you can expect to replace fork seals (not a trivial job) on...
  4. B

Extended Warranty

My 2014 1200GSWC still has 4 months left on the 3 year warranty. I am most likely going to purchase an extended warranty. The local dealer in Asheville, NC does not offer them. Any suggestions on where to look?
  5. R

Tire Warranties

TIRES, TIRES. This may seem an odd thread, but it seems I hear and experience more and more MC shops and dealers that don't honor any warranty for tires and tubes. Most recent experience: new tire and tube. Dealer in CT did the whole job. From removal from bike to remount. 700 miles and...
  6. P

Significant Rust under Red Fuel Filler on 2011 R1200R

There's a well documented post on the r1200rforum.com site about rust underneath the red fuel filler neck assembly that sits in/on the tank. Rather than post my own photos I've included the link: http://www.r1200rforum.com/forum/bmw-r1200r-maintenance-do-yourself-12/must-3018/ This was easy...
  7. AjaxTheDog

Warranty repair doesn't pay for everything...?

I am posting here because I think this is more a general Motorrad warranty question than bike specific. Today I had the oil sight glass replaced on my 2012 R1200RT because it has begun to seep a little oil. Since the bike had 8900 miles and is less than 3 years old this repair fell under...
  8. espressoforyou

Believe it or not but I got my bike back today! 2005 gs

I picked up my bike today from Bloodworth after they have had it for 4 months replacing a counterbalance shaft seal. Well I actually picked it up Tuesday and rode it for 20 miles before the front counterbalance shaft bearing went out. So I drove it back to Bloodworth Wednesday morning and to...
  9. espressoforyou

Where can I find a copy of BMW's 2 year parts and Labor Warranty statement

Does anybody know where I can find a copy or link stating that BMW dealer installed parts are covered by a two year parts and labor warranty? Thanks for your help.
  10. espressoforyou

How do you contact management about warranty issues?

2005 1200GS with 41,000 miles. I would appreciate help on how to reach someone with authority on warranty issues. I have contacted BMW customer support and they are very nice but do not have any authority. The local BMW service writer is "not friendly or very helpful" and sees my concerns as...
  11. espressoforyou

1200GS input/output seals defective

2005 1200 GS with 41,000 miles. Below is the official BMW warranty print out of the warranty repair work done to my bike. Note the defect codes listed for each repair of the warranty repairs for my output shaft, transmission input shaft seal, Compensating shaft seal, new clutch, clutch...
  12. D

Final Drive fluid

I have a 2007 R1200S that was sold to me new with lifetime final drive fluid following the 600 mile service, which was a big selling point. I dropped off my bike yesterday for my 12,000 miles service and found out that not only do I need to get my final drive fluid changed at my expense, but...
Back