• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

abs failure

1. J

ABS replacement challenges

My bike is a 2002 R1150RS. Through this forum I connected with someone who sold me a used, correct model ABS pump to replace the one I had which worked only for the front brakes. My mechanics have been struggling with getting it to work, they sent this message "We have been able to get the bike...
  2. J

ABS - bypass or replace with used?

My 2002 R1150RS appears to have a problem with the ABS module - rear brakes not working. Unfortunately, a new replacement is too expensive and ModuleMaster has a wait list for rebuilds that exceeds a year. Some people recommend bypassing it and doing without. Alternatively, I could get a used...
  3. A

1150 RT ABS Failure / Front brake does not activate servo

Hello, My 02 RT's ABS warning started flashing last weekend , the fast 4hz flashing along with the general warning light always being on, bike only has residual braking now. Bike 42k bought it almost 2 years ago and it has been perfect to this point. Pulling the front will not activate the...
  4. R

ABS System K1200LT

I just bought a k1200lt that has a failure abs, the previus owner told me that he change all sensors but the problem is the pump. I also have a 1150RT working just fine. The questoins is these to bikes has the same abs pump may i shift them to see if will make the 1200LT work back. Do anyone has...
  5. derost

PERFECT solution for fixing ABS brake failure

Hey there everyone... So, as many have experienced, I had my ABS-II completely crap out last year, and as most, I fixed it with black tape across the blinking lights! :thumb I tried everything from bleeds to resets, to thoughts of sacrificing fried chicken, and nothing worked... so I of course...
  6. A

ABS Module Failure 2008 R1200RT

My abs pump module, gen 2, has to be rebuilt. I did search but was unable to find help on the procedure for removing and replacing the pump module. I would also like to know if the module has to be bled separately since one thread in this forum seemed to indicate that it didn't. Any help would...
  7. espressoforyou

Solve this electrical challenge 2005 r1200gs

I ride a 2005 r1200gs with 41,000 miles on it. Four weeks ago I started to have some electrical problems. My heated hand grips, both blinkers, trip meter, flashers, horn, and rear brake light(tail light worked fine) all stopped working. My brake failure light started flashing rapidly and the...
Back