• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

helmet

1. D

Schuberth C3 Pro vs C5 and will there will be a C5 Pro?

It's time for a new helmet. I love my C3 Pro and have a Sena Unit installed which does the job. It seems I'm not alone in being a C3 Pro fan who didn't think much of the C4 and the Pro. So, is the C5 the way to go if you're due for a new helmet and really like your C3 Pro? I read that "hey...
  2. S

Arai Helmets

My first Arai helmet got severely gouged and scratched as I bounced down the road one day. ZERO doubt that helmet saved my life. Went through extensive mental wrangling before making decision to ride again. We'll leave my wife's feelings about that decision out of this post. There were no...
  3. P

Students researching biker accessories in the US

Hi everyone, We are Marketing Masters students from the UK and we need some help from the US riders. We are currently looking to research the US motorcycle accessory industry. It would be great if you could help us filling out our short survey. The link is provided below...
  4. G

BMW System 7 Carbon Helmet

The new system 7 carbon helmet looks quite promising. While I like the ability to remove the chin guard, I wonder if that feature reduces the overall integrity of the helmet. While pricing has not yet been released, I'm also quite curious as to which company was contracted to manufacture this...
  5. G

Sunburns, skin cancer, helmet visors that can protect a rider's face

Have any motorcycle riders been sunburned or likely acquired skin cancer despite always using a UV blocking visor and full helmet? I bought a helmet that has a visor that is supposed to block 100% of the UVA and UVB rays. I want to know what extended riding will do if I rely on a UV blocking visor.
  6. L

"New BMW Owner" I want to get an intercom system !!!

Well I finally relieved my frustrations of not being able to go where ever I wanted on a motorcycle. Just turning 50 and riding a Harley for half my life, I bought a 2014 1200GSA. Not only do I not worry about road conditions, but this bike is more comfortable than my Dyna Wide Glide. I love my...
  7. S

Anyone have experience with the Nolan B4 Bluetooth headset? BiLT helmets?

I am looking at either getting the B4 headset or buying a new helmet entirely with built in bluetooth. Reason for buying, friend got his first bike and wants to be able to talk to me while riding. I have a Nolan N-104 helmet already. The B4 intercom costs $300, while a cheap BiLT helmet with...
  8. M

saw this helmet on a TV motorcycle for bike racing

Interested in Gustavo Cuervo's helmet for hot days. Any idea?
  9. B

Schuberth C3 Chin Strap Fix

I just bought the Schuberth C3 and love everything except the bear-trap ratchet chin-strap device that cut into my chin. I solved it by getting my wife's sewing machine out and stitching a strap-cover from fleece material and pony-tail "scrunchies". Really very comfortable and it actually...
  10. A

Really need helmet help!!

I am in need of a new helmet as my Nolan N-100 sucks big time. I have narrowed down to the Sparx Helios, the LS2 FF386, or the Nolan N90/N90S. Any reviews, tips, experiences or feed back would be great!!! My Nolan N-100 is very noisy, the face shield detents do not work and at 40mph it slams...
  11. 20774

Helmet Evaluation in the UK

Here's a link a coworker provided that details helmet testing in the UK by SHARP, the Safety Helmet Assessment and Rating Programme. http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/
  12. merrittgene

Helmet brands - advice wanted

I'm looking for a new helmet. Of course, fit is everything, but I think I'm looking at either a Schuberth C3 or Arai Vector 2. (I've always had Shoei before, and I've never been fully happy with the fit and noise level. I don't think I have a Shoei head.) So, knowing that opinions are like...
Back