• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

mexico

1. T

Heading through Mexico… what do I need to know?

I’m planning a ride this winter through Mexico to Guatemala. I’ve driven through several years ago with my family (4 kids and wife in a full sized van) so I’m not totally clueless as to Mexican roads, etc. but haven’t done anything of the sort solo on two wheels. I have an R1150RT. I have pretty...
  2. 1

Looking for PNW Rider(s) to Merida, Mexico fall 2020

Plan: Early retirement (55) June 2020. Depart PNW (Seattle area) then take my 1200GSA on a slow & backroads journey to Merida (Yucatan) where my brother has house/garage for safe keeping. Duration unknown at this time. Departure probably Sept 2020. Basic heading is a diagonal down through...
  3. concept27

CA -> Baja -> La Paz Ferry -> Mazatlan -> Guadalajara -> Back to Cali

Hello fellow Bavarian riders who don't salute other riders :):wave. Planning a motorcycle ride before it gets too cold, so within the next 30 days or so, from California to Guadalajara, actually about 70 miles north of it, visiting a buddy for couple of days and back to California. This is my...
  4. D

Mexico Road Trip Advice

I'm new to the forum, so I hope I do this correctly!:) Does anyone have a good link or other resource suggestion for my planned trip from California to Chiapas, Mexico? Insurance, roads, accommodations, repairs, fuel, and general advice? Thanks a million!
  5. L

Skirting the US/MEX border

Just wanted to put some feelers out for any advice or stories from the border. My friend and I are making a long distance circuit of the US starting and ending in Boston and will be traveling along the TX, NM, AZ, and CA border with Mexico for a bit. The southern leg of our journey is...
  6. P

Heading to Mexico Natl BMW Rally in Uruapan

Wife and I are riding to the Mexico national BMW rally, which is in Uruapan this year. Went last year when it was in Durango, Mexico. Had a ball. Going to cross the border at Ojinaga, hit the beach at San Blas, and hang out for a couple of days in Lake Chapala before going on to the rally...
Back