• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

side stand repair

1. W

R100R side stand

Is there any hope at all for the miserable side stand on my R100R? It's mounted WAY forward, springs back to the return position all by itself and is far too short. Other than those niggly drawbacks, it's a well-designed bit of equipment. :cry Has anyone found a way to either correct these...
  2. G

1996 R1100GS Side Stand Length

1996 Side stand I need to change the length of my 1996 R1100Gs Side stand. The original design is too short for my liking. I have perused several previous threads on the issue, some dating back almost 10 years. Yes, I understand the Hockey puck and Foot pad enlarger, but I really want the...
  3. S

occasional no start on 2000 R1100RS

My 2000 r1100 rs started doing it after being put back in service with a good charged battery. here is the scenario...cold start, on the side stand. put the side stand up, turn key, no fuel pump sound, hit button, nothing, nada. try the side stand down, then let it flick itself up on the...
  4. J

Fragile kickstand?

I went to my nearest dealer today to try on a (hopefully discounted) 2016 R1200RT. I had back surgery back in January and I'm still a bit weak and inflexible so I had trouble getting my boot over the right side case. When I was last there, they asked me to not put all my weight on the stand by...
  5. brittrunyon

Side Stand Repair (maintanence)?

After 21 years of use my side stand is a bit "wobbly" at it's mounting point so I'm sure the bushing is suffering from use. I have not disassembled yet but plan to later in the week. Problem is the bushing is no longer available from BMW. Anyone know what size it is so I can find a suitable...
Back