• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

navigator v

1. J

Navigator V - No speed or heading while in cradle

Hi all, The past few weeks I've been having a weird problem with my Navigator V on my '14 R1200RT... While in the cradle on the bike, the GPS charges just fine (except when the unit randomly decides it's been removed from the cradle while I'm going down the road) but it doesn't think I'm moving...
  2. Furman

Basecamp & Nav V

I have been doing routes on Basecamp and downloading into my GPS for a while now, without much of an issue. But now I have one. Made my route on Basecamp (a little over 400 miles) I used 29 waypoints to make my route. Down loaded into BMW Navigator V. So far so good. Open trips on the Nav. V and...
  3. TravellingTartar

Navigator V lock tumbler broken

Hi. Has anyone ever broken a tumbler on their Nav V GPS mount? Now my GPS is locked in. I went to take it out today and suddenly the tumbler spun and then came out with the key!! Thx. Jim.
  4. T

Navigator V vs. Speedometer Difference ???

Greetings. I've noticed that my Navigator V unit consistently displays between 2-4mph faster than the speedometer on the regular / standard display. It may not matter really but was 1). Surprised that the Navigator doesn't seem to be using information sent from the bike for this statistic (as it...
  5. M

Use the Navigator V My Motorcycle App on non-GS?

Hello MOA Forum members. I'm new the the community, but have a few years of BMW motorcycle riding under my belt. Last year I traded my 09 F800ST for a new 15' RT. I purchased the Nav V at that time and a chief selling aspect was what I thought would be the ability to view realtime bike data and...
  6. jcdas

Car Mount for BMW Navigator V

Hi folks. I have a 2011 R1200RT with a Navigator V. I want to be able to use it in my 2010 Chevrolet Equinox. It has a 3.5mm Audio input jack to possibly use for music in the GPS. I've found a few options, but not sure which one to choose. Others say that the mounts for the Garmin 660 & 665...
  7. haxbmw

NAV Prep question

Good morning, I am a proud owner of a brand spanking new 2016 RT. I am picking it up next weekend from Grass Roots, in saying that I have a question about the built in NAV prep. What model of Garmin GPS's fit? Can you only use the Navigator V? I already have a Garmin GPS (Garmin Zumo 660LM)...
  8. T

Best way to upload maps/trips to Garmin Navigator V?

My apologies if this is covered topic, but I'm wondering if there is a good way to map out a trip on an iPhone or other smart device and easily upload it to the Navigator V? I've played around with Smart Link and it seems you can only send 1 destination at a time, as opposed to a multi-city...
  9. TravellingTartar

BMW Communicator + Navigator V + Bluetooth enabled walkie talkie?

Hi all. Has anyone tried pairing a BMW Communicator and/or the Navigator V with a bluetooth enabled walkie talkie like the Motorola MU350R? I'm travelling up the Dempster next year accompanied by a couple of 4x4s and I thought that this might be a good solution to stay in touch in a zone where...
  10. Anyname

Charging problems with BMW Navigator V

I have a Navigator V that was new in February. Since the weather wasn't exactly bike friendly, I installed the mount on my R1200R, updated the maps, shut the device off and ignored it (in it's case) for a couple of months. I started using it again this past weekend and found that the battery...
  11. M

New BMW Navigator V tips and tricks

Hi all, Sorry if this is redundant but I am a new user and couldn't find a thread on this topic. Please point me in the right direction if there is already. I am trying to figure out all the features on my Navigator V in conjunction with my 2014 GSW. The manual is very light and I can't...
Back