• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

zumo

1. D

Zumo 660 question re: Touratech mount

I have a Zumo 660 and a locking Touratech mount. The mount works, but the 660 is near death. My question is: are there other Zumo models or other GPS units that I can get that will fit the mount that I have?
  2. lkraus

Zumo & BaseCamp - What Goes Wrong and Why

This link should be saved and cherished by everyone who uses Basecamp with a recent Zumo or Navigator: https://issuu.com/jfheath/docs/zumo_590_and_basecamp_2017 "Cherished" might seem little strong, but not to those of us who have had to rely on trial and error to discover how Garmin expected...
  3. F

Garmin Zumo 396 / BaseCamp Route plotting Issue

So, I have my Garmin Zumo 396 set to "motorcycle" & "adventure" (supposed to promote off-highway riding), and I plot routes on Garmin's BaseCamp that specifically avoid highways. I download these routes to the Zumo, and all it wants to do is send me on the quickest route via highways! I...
  4. T

Gps 396?

After 5 long and arduous years, my zumo 660 calfed Suggestions for a new reasonably price gps? Brian
  5. greenwald

Adding Routes to a Zumo 665?

Got my son a GARMIN Zumo 665 for Christmas. Are there web sites I could direct him to when it comes to planning and downloading routes he wishes to create on his laptop to put into the unit? I will admit that though I already have the Zumo 660, I have no clue how to do this, and would...
  6. S

XM Radio antenna placement

I ride an R1200GS Adventure, bought a Garmin Zumo 665 and am wondering where others place the antenna on the bike, and do you stick it there or has anyone figured out how to put it on and take it off? Thanks for the help, I'm a new guy here so I'll probably be asking more! Cheers, Gregg
  7. A

Help transferring routes to Garmin using Mac

I need help. I am unable to transfer routes and waypoints to my Zumo 220 (It's a Nuvi 550 without Bluetooth apparently) using my new IMac with Mac OS X, version 10.6.7. I had previously been able to transfer routes using my Microsoft based PC with no problem. However, when I went back to the...
  8. sfarson

MP3 Audio Books on the Zumo 550

After a couple of years of listening to XM or MP3 music on the Zumo, I'm thinking it would be nice to hear a book or two this upcoming season. I'm always skipping over the Zumo book page as I go between XM and MP#'s. I don't want to pay for the audible.com subscription. I'm simply not going...
  9. tmoyer

Music: Itunes converted to Zumo 550

I am trying to load music from itunes to my Zumo 550. Anything that has been purchased through the itunes store and downloaded will not decode and I get an error message regarding "possible DRM Restrictions". I'm using Media Monkey. Does anyone have a suggestion to get around this? If not...
  10. beemermyke

Zumo 550 touchscreen quit working

Before I send my 550 off to Garmin for repairs, is there anything I can do to try and clear a problem with the touchscreen on the unit? None of the screen functions work. All of the normal pushbuttons function, but you can't select any options on the screen. When it boots up (first pic), the...
  11. greenwald

ZUMO Tech Question?

Considering a ZUMO 550. If I read the literature correctly, when the unit is mounted on the motorcycle, the only way to hear route instructions is via a Bluetooth-comm equipped helmet? Is there no external speaker to hear instructions simply with the naked ear? I know the suction mount for in...
  12. beemermyke

Garmin mapping question

Took a trip last month, and I had used Google maps to make a custom route from my parent's home in Virginia to my sister's house in South Carolina. I created a route so I could travel on the Blue Ridge Parkway the majority of the way. After creating this route, I sent it to my Garmin Zumo 550...
  13. jdwatson

Buying directly from Migsel

Greetings ! I would like to add a Migsel GPS mount to my 2004 R1150RT for my Zumo 660. I haven't found a source for the mount domestic to the USofA. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with purchasing directly from Migsel ? Right now, the above mount is Ôé¼88.00 (~ $114 USD) for...
  14. B1Pilot

Zumo 660 mounted on RT; pics and updated review

Hey all: So i finally got my zumo 660 mounted a week or so ago and took some pictures to show the final solution I came up with. For my normal day to day riding, I have it mounted with a special RAM ball stem mount custom made by Jim Winchester (example pics and contact info here ). The...
Back