• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

charging

1. N

Generator Light Comes On, I lose Turn Signals and Brake Light

Hello, I am new to street bikes(dirtbikes all my life) and I recently purchased a 1974 R90/6 and have been making improvements. Since I have had the bike I have had issues with the generator light and the lights on the bike working properly keeping me from riding at night or that often in...
  2. wynk

1978 R80/7 What is my ignition? What charging system should I get (or keep)?

Where I need help is what my bike has in terms of an ignition system, and what people recommend. I've read reports and forums posts for a few hours now, but I'm confused because my bike is a 1978 R80/7 but the previous owner added an electronic ignition in the 1990s. I think I want a clean slate...
  3. skibumwi

Sena 20s Charging issue - SOLVED

Hi all, I've been working with my new Sena 20s and finally got everything paired up and working properly (see the the thread "Sena 20 w/r1200rt"). Went for a long ride today and the unit informed me that the battery was low, and then about 1 minute later it repeated the Low battery warning and...
  4. TIMRFO

charging system 77 r 100

I need to replace my alternator and was wondering what was the best way to go. I wanted to update it so I could use my electric gear. Tim
  5. J

The Downside to Odyssey Batteries

I know this will be heresy, but in the interest of those who are considering battery choices (which I was about a year ago) I thought I would add this thread. Everyone seems to love the PC680. Reading the forum, you would think no one else made a battery that will work with our bikes. They are...
  6. Pahl

R1200GS Electrical Issue

Hi, I live in Ukiah, CA and it was around a 104 degrees the other day so I dicided to take my 10 year old son out for a ride through the redwoods to the coast to cool off. About an hour into the ride and 3 miles from the nearest town, the bike sputtered a little and suddenly died. The starter...
  7. pglaves

Battery

I had an interesting experience with a battery yesterday / today that is worth describing. The bike happened to be an F650 Dakar but that wasn't critical or even very important to the story. Yesterday I rode the bike 53 miles into Alpine, made 4 stops in town, and then rode home, dropped some...
Back