• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

heated gear

1. M

Heated gear rant..

First, the good part; I recently got a Warm and Safe "Layer Shirt" and it's very, very nice under my winter riding jacket. It still has problems (why is the pocket so small that it BARELY holds the remote control?!), but it's better than the, well, basically entire Gerbing and California Heat...
  2. C

Adding some personal heat and convenience to the bike

I did it, I drilled into the plastic today. I started riding in Colorado with a heated vest and the grips and seat are great but what about my vest? I decided based of what I have found online and in the forums to go with the HEX ezCAN, thank you guys! Controller - have a Gerbing permanent...
  3. Moto316

Heated Vest

I'm looking to buy a heated vest. My search through the forum for prior reviews came up empty? Any recommendations on a good one. Thanks
  4. tonysuburb

3-way switch on heated gloves failing

My 3-way switch on the electric heated gloves has failed or is failing. Can I rewire the thing to eliminate the switch and just run it on high? There are 3 wires to the controller.
  5. G

12 Volt heated gear

I am getting my wife a Warm & Safe heated layer shirt and heatroller for Xmas. So I need some advice since I am very new to BMW and electric circuitry. The bike is a 2014 F700GS. I would like to use the 12 volt powerlet that is located just to the left of the ignition key as the power supply for...
  6. N

Tourmaster heated jacket liner

Hey Yo So my plug from my controller to my liner is going bad. Do I have to be careful to keep the polarity the same when I wire in new plugs, or does it not matter? Gotta get that fixed today!
  7. moshe_levy

Warm & Safe Heat Layer Shirt Review

All- Winter gear testing continues: Here's my new review of Warm & Safe's Heat Layer Shirt. Can this snug-fitting garment replace the traditional heated jacket liner? Tune in to find out! <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gp2eA5ECZlA" frameborder="0"...
  8. D

2015 F800 GS and Heated Gear

I fully realize there is probably already a thread about this but I seem to be having trouble with the search function. I will gladly take links to other threads. I have a 2015 F800 GS and for the most part I love the bike. I am wondering with the posts about the heated grips on the F800 being...
  9. stevenrankin

Vintage BMW heated vest question?

Hey gang, Does anyone have a 85 vintage BMW heated vest they can tell me about? First, just how warm are they supposed to get? Second, what is the ohm resistance between the two connections for the plug on the vest itself? I picked up a used vest and it just does not seem to work as well as I...
  10. J

Warm N Safe question.

Ok Boys, I need a little guidance here. I just ordered a warm n safe jacket today. Not sure about the heat troller. Do I attach it to my battery terminal? I've only had a BMW old one that plugs right into accessory socket. Do I just order the single (no other heated gear) with the remote...
  11. dunc723

Heated Gear Cross-Brand Compatibility?

I know some people might have a hard time thinking about heated gear right now (98 deg in Tennessee yesterday), but now might be the time to buy. Are there any issues with compatibility between the major brands (Gerbing, Tourmaster, Firstgear, etc.)? If I found a really sweet deal on Gerbing...
  12. Omega Man

Anybody do any repair work on their Gerbing heated gear?

While I was using my Gerbing jacket and glove combo this weekend-it seems to have quit. The controller lights and the light on the controller has the appearance of all this ok, there is no heat. Before I dug into some lookin' 'round, I though I'd see what others have found before I got out the...
  13. 9

New Gerbing MP controllers- advice needed

I have tried to use a Gerbing MP (the newer microprocessor one - serial number ends in MP) single controller for a Gerbing jacket liner on my R90/6. The is the second one (first one replaced by dealer) and the problems are identical with both. After less than a mile, it flashes red, indicating a...
Back