• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

electrical question

1. D

R1150RS rear amber lights always on and melt socket

Is there a way to turn these lights off without disabling the turn signal function? It gets expensive replacing rear light sockets every year.
  2. D

2015 F800 GS and Heated Gear

I fully realize there is probably already a thread about this but I seem to be having trouble with the search function. I will gladly take links to other threads. I have a 2015 F800 GS and for the most part I love the bike. I am wondering with the posts about the heated grips on the F800 being...
  3. E

R1150R strange blinker/directional signal behavior

This is a head-scratcher for me. 2004 R1150R. I could not cancel the blinking left turn signal, either with the cancel switch or by changing to the right signal. Turning the flashers on, then off, canceled the left signal, but the right signal still could not be turned on. Shutting the engine...
  4. D

1976 R90/6 Starter Relay Wiring

I am in the middle of restoring my R90/6 and took LOTS of pictures before teardown. Unfortunately, the only pics I have of the wiring for my starter relay are blurry and un-usable. Now I'm stuck. In the Haynes manual it shows 5 connectors with 9 wires, in the Clymer manual it shows 5 connectors...
  5. espressoforyou

1200gs electrical problem, need help

I have a 2005 R1200gs with 40,000 miles on it. About a month ago I noticed the following while riding: Brake Failure light flashing Turn signals not working Emergency Flashers not working Horn not working Trip meter not working Heated grips not working Brake light on tail light not working...
  6. photorider

Brake switch question

I recently purchased a '76 R60/6 (the one with the drum brakes) and noticed that the brake light does not come on when I apply the front brake (works fine with the rear). Further inspection revealed that there is no switch. I ordered the switch but I can't figure out how to install it. I can't...
Back