• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

training

1. K

New Member, 1ST BMW - Bloomington, IN

Hi, New member. Picked up my new to me 2016 R1200RT at the beginning of July. Still taking it easy with getting used to it. Largest bike I've ever ridden. Man is it smooth on the highway....(wait, I'm doing 80 already? what?) Before that I've ridden occasionally on an older Honda...
  2. L

Rider Academy 2 Day Off-Road, a brief review

“You don’t know what you don’t know.” Last week, I had an experience like that, taking two days of off-road riding instruction at BMW’s Rider Performance Academy in Spartanburg SC. I bought a barely used 1200GS last year and thought I should learn to ride the piglet better than my dirt donk...
  3. kaldewaay

10 things your RiderCoach thinks you should know

10 things your RiderCoach thinks you should know Many riders are looking for a good RiderCoach to get themselves trained and taught how to ride an adventure motorcycles or a dirt bikes off-road. According RiderCoach Alain Kaldewaay, really they are not only there for the training and...
  4. C

Of-Pavement Training at the St. Paul Rally

Off-Pavement Training at the St. Paul Rally The BMW MOA Rider Performance University Off-Pavement Program has created a wide range of rider training opportunities for you at the 2014 MOA rally. Along with the street classes and GEARS Training for young riders there will be indoor seminars...
  5. C

Off-Pavement Rider Training at the MOA Rally in St. Paul

The BMW MOA Rider Performance University Off-Pavement Program has created a wide range of rider training opportunities at the annual MOA rally in St. Paul Minnesota during the week of July 22 through 26, 2014. Along with the street classes and GEARS Training for young riders there will be indoor...
  6. C

Rider Training Survey

BMW MOA Rider Performance University Member Survey To better meet the training and education needs of the riding community we are asking members to please take a moment to complete an on-line survey. We want to know a little bit about your on and off-pavement interests. The survey includes the...
  7. Omega Man

Staying in shape

What are you doing to stay in shape? Do you have a routine or just hope for the best? I'm a big believer that stopping causes rust :p Not being familiar with how the traffic flows in a city can be a bit taxing, IMO less taxing if you have been able to stay in shape- physically and mentally. You...
  8. T

Memorial fund training $$?

Howdy, I saw a blip of an ON article earlier this year about a memorial fund which grants a couple hundred bucks to a couple people every year for motorbike education and training. I recall there being a fairly simple application and perhaps an essay to be submitted October or November. Does...
Back