• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

handlebars

1. C

R75/5 low bar dimensions

The handlebars on my R75 are ugly and I would like to swap to low or euro bars. The ones that I am finding seem to be 25-27" in width. My high bars measure 30 wide. Is the 25-27 width normal for the low bars? Any recommended sources? I know I need 22mm bars.
  2. G

Replacement windsheild for '99 R1100R

Hi Gang, Looking for a replacement windshield for my '99 R1100R. Aftermarket shields are a problem due to the need to use the factory mounting brackets because of those idiotic aluminum profile non-adjustable handlebars. Cee Bailey used to offer one, but they suddenly no longer offer mc...
  3. F

Handlebars internal diameter for 2015 R 1200 RT

Anybody knows the internal diameter of the handlebars on a 2015 RT? Thanks
  4. M

Can i double up the bar risers? 2012 R1200RT

Short guy with...short arms. 2012 R1200rt Purchased helibar risers which really help. But... I really want max satisfaction which = sitting just a little more upright. Can I: Double up the risers for twice as much up and back effect? Seems plausible as the whole pattern is ready for it...
  5. M

2012 R1200GS -Longer brake and throttle cables

I am going to have to move my bars up and back about 1.5" each and from what I can tell the cables will have to be rerouted outside the fork tubes. I would rather not do this so was wondering what others have done? For those that do route them outside the fork tubes what have you done to secure...
  6. R

handlebar change to '93 K75s

I just got this bike, and it makes me lean farther forward than I like (should have gotten an RT version. Will consider a swap, btw), so I want to raise the handlebars or replace them with longer ones. My questions: What cables am I going to need to replace? What other considerations do I need...
  7. photorider

Euro Bars?

I am in the process of bringing an R60/6 back to life (my first Airhead) and I'm thinking of switching to the low euro bars for a different (more streamlined) riding position. What do you think? Will the bike handle differently? Better? Worse? Also, the bike did not come with a steering damper...
Back