• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tachometer

1. J

Throttle position sensor

Greeting. New member with 2002 F650GS Dakar project bike (bought cheap, needs some work). I'm working my way through a problem I have researched quite a bit: the dreaded surge, stall, and a tachometer that goes to redline while then engine maintains constant speed. The current item on the...
  2. C

76 R90/6 - the case of the missing tachometer needle

alright i did a quick search and saw that there was a couple of threads on this happening but a lot of them were old so i'll start a new one the good news is the r90 champed a 300 mile weekend in upstate NY of camping. the bad news is that i looked down at one point and the tachometer needle...
  3. S

Aftermarket Speedometer Conversion (1978 R100RS) - hints or advice for success?

Hi, longtime BMW owner (R1200C) but new to BMW MOA and the forums. Also a new owner of a '78 R100RS (though the fairings have been replaced to look like an 'S'). The speedo on it is busted. The previous owner said he'd actually fixed it once but it broke again soon thereafter and he gave up...
  4. R

Tachometer repair on '77 R100/7

I am working on a repair to the tachometer on my '77 R100/7 and I would appreciate your help. I heard a rubbing sound the other day when the bike started cold, but the sound went away after warming up. I probably should have disconnected the tach cable, but I didn't. Today the sound occurred...
  5. B

1991 R100RT tach issue

Hey guys; I have an issue on my 91 bmw r100rt. I thought I had a speedo problem, thinking it was reading high but I took my GPS with me and the speedo is almost perfect. So now I'm thinking it must be a tach issue. At 70 MPH it reads 5000 RPM. I have a 120/90 18 on the back with 33/11 finial...
  6. D

Alternative Tachometer 77' 100/7

Simplifying a project 77' /7: Looking to replace the tachometer on my 100/7. Anyone know of any other same ratio, plug and play solutions? I'm mounting it elsewhere, so doesn't need to fit in the big top cluster. That big cluster is no more. I'd like to use something smaller, mechanical and...
Back