• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

clearwater

1. M

Nasty Loud, Light, and Fast True Dual Sport F850 GS

I tried to build the loudest, lightest, and highest horsepower true dual sport BMW GS not Adventure. Here is a YouTube link to the overall process. 2023 BMW F 850 GS not Adventure Trophy edition. The custom exhaust deleted 15 lbs. from the bike and added about 6 horsepower. The added on...
  2. U

Are there amber lenses for the BMW Aux driving lights? R1200RTW

Hello all. I have been noticing that some folks on the road are running amber lights on their auxillary driving lights. It really catches my eye. I have the aux driving lights installed and am looking for amber lenses that I could install over the light housing. Does anyone know if a product...
  3. zenwhipper

Issue with Clearwater Lights - One light intermittent outages

I purchased a set of Darlas back in the spring and mounted them to my 2016 R1200RT. The kit info is below. Came with CANopener 3 and has the WonderWheel functionality The lights had been working great. However, the right light has now been operating only intermittently. It comes on when the...
  4. skibumwi

Clearwater claims that HEX ezCAN will damage their lights..

All, This came up in another discussion but I thought it might be worth it to make it a specific topic. I asked the folks at Clearwater if I could use their lights with the HEX ezCAN. Their response: "The Ezcan product is not approved for use with our lights. It will, in fact, damage them...
  5. bryang5150

Installation Clearwater Billie Brake Light

I just got the Billie brake light from UPS today and looking at the installation instructions. It looks pretty straightfoward to install, mount the license plate, feed the wire through the tail and connect to the CANopener. On another forum someone mentioned that the hole in the tail light was...
  6. F

Clearwater Darla Install on '03 1150RT

I'm getting ready to install Clearwater Darla lights on my '03 1150 RT. Any suggestions or experience on mounting location? - fender bolt versus caliper bolt mounting? Source of power? I assume I can use the low beam headlight wire for the power source. Any installation tips or issues to watch...
  7. Turkus

R1100/1150"RS" Aux Light mount/bar/bracket ??

Putting this out there for a fellow MOA member (I've got more time on my hands than he does). He's the proud owner of a pair of RS model BMWs - one is mid-90s and the other is a 2004 (I believe). Here's the problem: He purchased a set of Clearwater "Darla" driving lights with the "universal"...
  8. CaptRehkopf

Clearwater Darla light mounting in a R1200RT question

Hi, Has anybody got some pictures of their (Clearwater Light) standard mounting bracket for my 2012 R1200RT? If so, please send the to me offline at my gmail account CaptRehkopf. Thanks in advance for the help. Ride Safe, Robert
Back