• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

camping

1. slash5er

Daytona 2024 Camping?

Got some family and friends I wanted to visit in Florida and thought March would be a decent time to ride down there. Then the hooligan part of me thought, hell, I can swing through Daytona and watch a little racing and some street lunacy. I plan to camp and I'm wondering if there is anyplace...
  2. J

Headed to Rally from Austin, TX area - Leaving June 20 or so...

Hi all, Planning to ride to the rally from just southwest of Austin, TX. Current plan is to ride from out on Sunday the 20th and take a leisurely ride through New Mexico, Utah, and then Idaho, reaching Great Falls on Wednesday afternoon to get a campsite at the rally. Will probably volunteer to...
  3. K

We might need Insect Repellant

If you're camping, be sure to bring some insect repellant. Just in case. Here's a link, https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2018/05/25/mosquitoes-des-moines-here-earlier-than-normal/644178002/.
  4. F

2018 Big Sioux Riders - Autobahn Spring Campout - May 12-14, Pickstown, SD

The 15th Annual Sioux City Big Sioux Riders and Sioux Falls Autobahn Club's Spring Campout will be on Mother's Day weekend again in 2018 (May 11-13). We are starting on Friday again this year. The location will be the Fort Randall Creek Recreation Area SD State Campground near Pickstown, South...
  5. steffenv

First bike...2004 GS1150 R Adventure

First bike...2004 R 1150 GS Adventure Hi gang! Excited to share with you the start of something beautiful...my ownership of a 2004 R 1150GS Adventure. I rode my friends '96 R 1150 GS a few years ago and new a BMW was the bike I wanted. In the meantime I rented a HD in England to ride from...
  6. skibumwi

Camping Checklist

I know I've seen lists on the forum before but cannot locate any of them. Going to a rally in the Dells this weekend and would love to see a list of what y'all take along for 1-up camping. I'm sure someone has and excel spreadsheet with a checklist. Thanks, Ski
  7. R

New GS Owner, Old BMW(relative) owner

Hello All, Names Ry, hailing from Martha's Vineyard, MA but currently residing in Miami, FL. At 27 I've been riding my '78 r100/7 for over 5 years, I transformed the tank into a cafe and threw an old Heinrich tank on it that I found at a rally. I have loved every second on it but unfortunately...
  8. N

Water proof gear bag - $65.00 dollars

So I wanted to get a water proof bag to put my camping stuff in and came up with this solution. I got the bag and the straps at REI for a total of $65.00 dollars. In the bag I have a two man tent, two sleep pads, sleeping bag, pillow and stove with cooking pot. The bag is 55L. I hope this might...
  9. D

New GTL Rider in Apex, NC - Any other long distance riders around?

Greetings... I take delivery of my 14 GTL next week. The folks at Capital BMW were super and very easy to deal with. Thanks! I've been riding for about 35 years and the past 25 on Harleys. I'm into long distance trips when possible and love the NC mountains. Now I've moved to BMW and...
  10. N

When camping on the road, what do you eat?

On a recent long distance road trip through several Western states, the discussion often came up, "What's for supper?" Eating out is expensive and sometimes not always healthy for you. I can only eat so many cheesebutgers before I never want to see one again. So again the question is, "What's...
  11. Omega Man

Official MOA RV thread...

Well with all the talk of camping, traveling, whether to tow a trailer and the rest....I thought for those of us that enjoy a rainy night inside with a shower, with a refrigerator and think trailering a bike or two to a location and having a great "launch point" to tour from is the way to go-...
  12. Mama1200

Motorcycle camping made luxurious

Imagine a great camping trip by motorcycle without having to take it all with you. Everything I needed for the weekend I fit in one pannier. Located in Nakusp BC http://youtu.be/FpHT8sYzN0o
  13. D

southern half Blue Ridge Parkway lodging recommendations?

Looking for recommendations for places to sleep along the southern half of Blue Ridge Parkway. First night somewhere close to Fancy Gap Virginia (will be starting here after riding over from Indiana).. next night maybe around 1/2 way to Cherokee, NC... last night somewhere around Smokey...
  14. C

Camping Gota Have Gota Leave

Okay, I'm just trying out this motorcycle camping stuff. Looking to ride and camp across country on my way to BMW Oregon Rally. So far I've got a tent, comfortable pad, just-okay sleeping bag. I'm also packing a small heating pad for those cold nights. I'll eat most meals on the road, ride a...
  15. rdhudson

1998 R1100R system case size? Help!

R1100R system case size? Help! I am away from home which is NH and am about to buy a tent and some other camping equipment I'll need to fit into the system cases later on my bike. The problem is I need to know the maximum length a straight item will fit in the side cases. I'm thinking of ten-...
  16. B

Camping and Carrying '91 K75

I am going on my second MC camping trip, to the BMW Rally in PA. For my first trip, in 1979, I just slung my backpack over the sissy bar of my old Suzuki 550 GS. This time, I envisioning "moving up" to a duffel bag strapped over the rear seat and rear luggage rack of my K75 (1991). I want to...
  17. X

US Cross-Country Trip - DC to SF - HELP NEEDED

Hello fellow BMWers, I am taking my 1200 GS on a 30-day cross-country trip (July 26th-Aug 24th) across the United States starting in Washington D.C. going to San Francisco and back to D.C. I plan on hitting most of the major National and State Parks along the way while mostly camping at each...
  18. J

campground / RV park. MOA owner

If your are coming to Redmond from the South there is nice motorcycle friendly campground / RV park on Oregon Hwy 31 in Summer Lake OR. Check out the website at www.anareservoirrvpark.com. Nice and well kept. Paved road to park, supper clean rest rooms, fire pit, laundry, grass pads, check it...
  19. Bud

The 2010 Down East Rally

Maine May 21 - 23, 2010 BMW Riders of Southern Maine BMWMOA #183 & BMW RA # 206 Hermit Island Camp ground, Phippsburg, Maine. Join us at the start of the New England riding season for another DownEast Rally. Enjoy 3 days & 2 nights of camping at Hermit...
  20. B

RTW Summer 2011... EPIC

Hello Everyone! I am a recent add-on to the community and am loving it. My goal is this. I will embark on the most epic of epic journeys. I am going to ride a motorcycle around the world, two up, starting the summer of 2011 and ending when I complete my circumnavigation of the planet...
Back