• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

mechanic

1. K

Montauk Mechanic, Finger Lakes, NY

Hi all, I've searched the forums so I hope this isn't redundant. My '04 Montauk has been on the center stand for 2 seasons in the garage and, try as I might I haven't been able to find someone to work on it to get it road ready again. I live on the west side of Seneca Lake and was hoping to...
  2. slash5er

1977 R100/7 "scrambler" in Seattle. Know it?

Hey- I'm in Michigan and my son lives in the eastern Sierra in California. He has decided his Beemer "lacks soul" and wants an airhead. He's chatted with a guy in Seattle who has a bike listed on Craigslist. I've owned airheads for the many years and talked with the fellow too. He seems...
  3. Omega Man

I guess there is a real shortage of mechanics

More rain today so I was out running errands. I went by the Nissan dealer to pick up a couple of oil filters, crush washers and a cabin air filter for the NV3500. When I opened the oil filter box to check the order, there was a sticker on the closed end of the filter(s) that showed the...
  4. T

Need a good mechanic in Denver/Boulder CO

I just moved to Boulder Colorado. What an amazing place for riding! I ride a '92 r100r, and do most of my own work, but like to have a mechanic to help with things I can't figure out. Especially since it's my daily commuter. Does anyone know a good mechanic around boulder/denver? Ideally...
  5. B

Philly BMW motorcycle mechanics

I just moved to the Philly area and wanted to locate a good bike mechanic. I live in Doylestown and would appreciate any recommendations for good BMW motorcycle mechanics. Thanks
  6. F

Los Angeles - Need good mechanic

I bought my first BMW last fall and need some minor issues resolved. Some of it sounds common to the 1998 K1200rs: fan doesn't work, rear running light / indicator goes on / off and I have a bit of an oil leak around the head. Anybody have someone they trust in LA, preferably in the SFV...
Back