• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

r1100r

1. A

R1100R won't start after stall

Greetings, I’ve owned this ’99 R1100r for six years without any starting problems, other than a bad battery. Normally starts after a couple of seconds. Runs like a top. So, I’m in a parking lot waiting for someone to back out of a spot, clutch in. When I release the clutch the bike jumps and...
  2. B

1998 R1100R indicator lights, fuel sensor, other dumb new owner questions

Hi everyone, glad to find this group! I did try googling and searching the group before asking these... A 1998 R1100R 75th Anniversary edition, only 10K miles (!) recently found me. Sitting in garage last two years and clearly underused before that. Always wanted a BMW "some day". This was a "I...
  3. G

Replacement windsheild for '99 R1100R

Hi Gang, Looking for a replacement windshield for my '99 R1100R. Aftermarket shields are a problem due to the need to use the factory mounting brackets because of those idiotic aluminum profile non-adjustable handlebars. Cee Bailey used to offer one, but they suddenly no longer offer mc...
  4. T

Headlight stays on 2000 R1100R

I have a 2000 where the light stays on when you shut down. Even if you remove the key. I am not seeing any relay in the fuse/relay box. Ideas?
  5. L

2000 R1100R Clutch Switch Removal

Like many, the clutch switch on my R1100R has failed. I have read several threads, primarily related to the RT, on how to remove the switch. The consensus is to clip the wires and use a thin walled, deep 11mm socket. Unfortunately, I have had no luck as the 12 pt deep socket I am using will...
  6. J

Questions about 96 R1100R driveshaft/swingarm/final drive reassembly & lube

I am reassembling the driveshaft/swingarm/final drive on a 96 R1100R following a driveshaft failure. I have the JL Paralever bushings (previously installed) instead of the needle bearings on the final-drive pivot point. I need help with a few questions: :scratch 1) When assembling the two...
  7. wineguyd

Recovering Jap bike rider...saw the light!

Recovering Jap bike rider(NY)...saw the light! Greetings! I've been riding Honda's since my childhood CR-50 in 1972 to my V45 Sabre that I sold when my daughter was born in '91. Been off bikes for over 20 years, I can't explain it but when I recently got the bug to get back on two wheels the...
  8. C

Replace Front Fork Reflector on 1996 R1100R

During my Memorial Day tour, the combination of heavy wind, rain and aged adhesive apparently managed to rip off one front fork reflector - with bracket - somewhere in Kansas. I located new bracket and reflector combo on the internet and received the parts. To my surprise, the adhesive film on...
  9. M

R1100R Transmission Gear Oil Change conondrum

Anybody have a good home-made or store bought tool, other than tubbing or funnel so when you drain the oil from the gear box is does not go all over the cat conv? Thanks!
  10. L

Replacement Muffler Advice

I need to replace the beat up D&D muffler on my 95 R1100R. I'm starting to look around at options now. Anyone gone through this before or have any recommendations? Thanks!
  11. L

New Exhaust Pipe for R1100R

I have a 1995 R1100R and the exhaust pipe is wearing out and needs to be replaced. I've already got a D&D pipe that the last owner put on, and I like the sound OK but I don't know much about different brands. Any advice for brands to look for or avoid? Also, any tips on switching the pipes or...
Back