• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

rebuild

1. C

1975 r90/6 front wheel bearing

I am rebuilding a r90/6. I bought the bike as a barn find project. As I went to rebuild the front hub, one of the outter races fell out when I pulled the bearing. As I went to install the new outter races, one side pressed in as expected. On the side which came out with the bearing, the outer...
  2. D

Fork rebuild advice

I'm a Forum newbie so pardon me if this topic has been thoroughly addressed. I'm seeking advice on a potential airhead fork rebuild. I have a 1979 R100RS with only 40K miles. Whenever I ride over a rough road surface (pot holes, train tracks, etc.), I feel and hear a distinct rattling "thunk,"...
  3. wynk

1978 R80/7 full teardown and rebuild…order of operations?

TL;DR: Best practice and order of steps for a complete teardown to the bare frame, then building it back up again? Full story: I'm new to the Airhead world (have a few UJM motorcycles so far) and recently picked up my first: a '78 R80/7 with ~100,000 miles on it here in Vancouver, BC. Runs...
  4. 3

1994 R00R #0280849 Airhead R100R

Hello, Regarding a BMW 1994 R00R #0280849 Airhead I own this beautiful motorcycle but the engine needs a rebuild. It seems that the bike was operated without the $2000 correct o-ring installed in the oil filter system, and has 52K miles. I would like to check the availability and pricing of...
  5. J

1971 R75/5 Missing Subframe Tab - Fabrication advice?

Hello BMW MOA Members! Long story short, I just acquired a very dusty, somewhat complete '71 R75/5 (my dream bike). I got it for somewhat of a steal, but it's definitely not without some issues. This is my first BMW so I'm still learning pretty much everything about them as I go. The latest...
  6. grover1949

Gaiters on an "83 R65?

I've got a 1983 R65 and need to rebuild the forks. Can I put a set of gaiters on them? If so, what modifications / changes / parts will I need? Thanks!
  7. B

Another one of those rebuild stories R50/5

Here in my cozy (heated) Vermont basement during the winter of 2011-2012. I'm what I believe to be half way through and thought I might contribute to the forum that I've so often come to for resource. Back story: Owned (but no longer): 2003 F650GS (20 state, 4 Provence trip back in 2006...
  8. K

1978 R100/7 restoration pictures

I have 200+ pictures and counting, for any of you who are tearing one of these things down as well. Trying to ensure I document as many parts/pieces as possible to ensure I can get the bike back together, and hopefully to help others with thier restoration projects...
Back