• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

oil sight glass

1. RANBUSH

'05 R1200ST - do I need a new oil sight glass ?

'05 R1200ST 93K miles. I changed the oil recently and a few days later I noticed that the oil level wasn't showing in the sight glass. I thought it was because of the nice new clean oil. But now after a few hundred miles it seems like the new oil should have darkened a little. I am now pretty...
  2. N

Oil sight glass leaking

I have a 2009 R1200GS and the oil is leaking from the seal around the oil sight glass. Anyone have suggestions on how to safely remove the sight glass? I have removed the retaining clip and the clear plastic portion. I am worried about damaging the area around the seal while prying it out...
  3. J

Oil level sight glass replacement ...

I have an 05 R1200RT ... a royal pain can be replacing the oil level sight glass ... after reading many forum threads and considering different techniques, this is what worked for me ... the original plastic was so fogged I could not see the oil level ... can't believe anybody could design a...
  4. AjaxTheDog

Warranty repair doesn't pay for everything...?

I am posting here because I think this is more a general Motorrad warranty question than bike specific. Today I had the oil sight glass replaced on my 2012 R1200RT because it has begun to seep a little oil. Since the bike had 8900 miles and is less than 3 years old this repair fell under...
Back