• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

adventure

1. MedicMikey

2018 GSA, Good buy?

Hey guys and gals, I already have a 2016 K1600GTL and I love it. But, I am thinking about getting dirty. I am looking at a 2018.5 R1200 GSA, it has all 3 BMW hard aluminum bags, Clearwater lights, digital dash, premium, and Nav VI. The dealer is asking $16,999 out the door. It has 19,600 miles...
  2. D

GSA option 719

I am shopping the list of many accessories available for a 2021 GSA I will soon buy. I am looking for functional feedback on adding Option 719 billet options to the bike. Can anyone share experience they have regarding its functional over aesthetic benefits, if any? Does the option prevent a...
  3. D

Hello from Nenana, AK

It's in the -40ºs right now. So, I'm spending the time daydreaming about my 2002 R1150GS(A). I put the (A) in () because it's not really an Adventure. It's a GS that's been fitted with the larger tank and more capable suspension. Still requires high octane fuel. Anyway, just wanted to say hello...
  4. M

A warm hello to all from British Columbia, Canada!

Hello All! Turns out I signed up for this forum in 2015, then forgot all about it...lol. So time for an introduction: Grew up in The Netherlands and since 2007 live in western Canada (BC) which is great motorcycle riding country as many of you know. I own a 2005 F650 GS on which I clocked...
  5. C

New Member in Wisconsin

Hi Folks, glad to join, I have a F800GS, any suggested group rides taking place in the Milwaukee area?
  6. T

Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route

A friend and I completed the MABDR between May 5th and May 11th, 2018. Rather than do a photo ride report, I decided to post composite videos from each section on YouTube. I completed the video from Section 1 today and uploaded it to YouTube. This is my first GoPro Studio project, but provides...
  7. steffenv

First bike...2004 GS1150 R Adventure

First bike...2004 R 1150 GS Adventure Hi gang! Excited to share with you the start of something beautiful...my ownership of a 2004 R 1150GS Adventure. I rode my friends '96 R 1150 GS a few years ago and new a BMW was the bike I wanted. In the meantime I rented a HD in England to ride from...
  8. S

Florida Ride Events - Find events and others

Florida Area Riders, If you want to increase your riding possibilities and meet new riders when your normal riding friends are busy, head on over to http://www.floridaadventurerider.com This is a free site whose sole purpose is for you to meet others to ride with. There are some interesting...
  9. kaldewaay

Ride Safer and Better

RIDE SAFER AND LOOK BETTER DOING IT: THE 2016 RIDE SMART REWARD PROGRAM. Effective: January 1 – December 31, 2016 Complete the MSF Basic Dirt Bike RiderCourseSM and purchase a new BMW motorcycle within 90 days and receive $500 in BMW Riders’ Apparel free.(1)...
  10. B

Looking for riding buddy in August

done Why cannot I remove this post... IT is old, no one is interested in it... Please delete. This entire site is a JOKE
  11. N

2015 Cross Country Ride - Round Trip?

I am thinking about visiting a fellow rider in Connecticut this summer. So I'm thinking about and starting to plan a round trip cross country adventure that would start in Washington State and end in Washington State. This would be an epic trip across this great country and back. Here are my...
  12. B

Back rest for 2014 Adventure

Touratech is supposedly developing a Top Case for the 2014 1200 GS Adventure, that I will use as a back rest. But in the mean time, Does anybody have a recommendation that will fit properly on the OEM back racks? I like to take my wife for rides and have almost flipped her of the back a couple...
  13. MotoQuest

South Africa Backroads Adventure

A motorcycle blog by Steve Thomas on his 16 day trip in South Africa (Group at Cape Agulhas - Africa's most southern point) Day 1: Everyone itching to get on the road this morning after our day on 4 wheels exploring the city and going up iconic Table Mountain. Collected the bikes and headed...
  14. MotoQuest

Peru - Machu Picchu Adventure May 2013

A day to day blog by Ben Habecker (MotoQuest guide) on his Peru - Machu Picchu adventure in May 2013 Day 1: Bienvenido a Chile! A few people are already here, the others will be checking in today at the Hotel El Paso Park. Welcome dinner tonight at the hotel "Araksaya" restaurant. Day 2...
  15. J

Farewell to Rocinante!

This is a tribute to my R1200GS that took me through 23 of the lower 48, 3 Canadian provinces and Alaska in the last year. Last week I sold Rocinante to make way for the next chapter in my life; a move to Guatemala to study Spanish and work into a cutting-edge Community Development org. As...
  16. D

Adventure Travel Film Festival hosted by Austin Vince & Lois Price in NC, May 4-6

To all BMWMOA motorcycle travel enthusiasts, Join me at the Adventure Travel Film Festival, hosted by the world's most entertaining and renowned motorcycle travelers Austin Vince and Lois Pryce. It’s not just an international celebration of the greatest adventure travel films from the 1920s...
  17. B

OldSchooling on the "Lone Star Trail"

Great camping at Steele Creek Park on Whitney Lake,Texas This is a no fee camping area. Whitney Lake Texas Morning cowboy coffee Things are slow at work, so I ask my bud Papple if he would transfer my GS down South. His itinerary was Florida to Texas. Texas is where I want to be, as...
  18. B

Pictorial of The 30th State

Welcome to Wisconsin Buddy posing at the corner stone of my kin's homestead barn :brow Table of contents :bolt Page: 1Elkhart Lake Kettle Moraine http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=14771 2 Heart of Luxembourg Tour & West Bend...
Back