• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

failure

1. BrickFlyer

06 R1200GS intermittent ABS failure

My 06 GS runs great overall, but I have had 2 incidents in the last year when the ABS warning light continued flashing after riding off (maybe 200 yards) and I found myself with only reserve braking power. The first time it happened I stopped the bike, turned the engine off and back on and then...
  2. J

2001 R1150 GS - Clutch / Transmission Failure at 14,500 miles

Today I headed out for a ride on a beautiful day in Michigan - one of few we've had this spring. I had the 6,000 interval service completed at my local BMW dealership at about 13,500 miles in March. Check oil every time I ride, and at every fill up - no issues with burning oil or leakage...
  3. 175781

Brake Failure Light-2004 R1150RTP

2004 R1150RTP. Thrice in the past two days, during or just following a stop, I had the warning (bulb) triangle and the brake failure lights come on. The triangle would go out almost immediately. The brake failure light would flash for about 5 seconds, then go out. No noticeable difference in...
  4. H

Final Drive failure 2008 R1200RT

The final drive on my husband's R12RT failed in the middle of the Cabot Trail, NS on Sat. BMW arranged transport to the nearest dealer, Moncton, but at first glance, BMW Canada had to backorder the part from Germany. Fortunately BMW USA came to the rescue and the parts have shipped from the USA...
Back