• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

luggage

1. W

GS Luggage Options

RE: 2007 R-GS I am planning an extended trip to Alaska for next summer and taking a look at my luggage options. I have the complete set of Vario factory luggage, but I could use more space if I had it. It occurs to me that, since I won't be using the passenger seat, it makes since to remove it...
  2. O

Top Case Will not open

Recently bought a used R1200RT 2007 – came with panniers and a top case. While the mounting latch works fine, the case opening latch as finicky. Recently it stopped opening. Thankfully only trapping dead air in it. What is the least intrusive method of opening this so I can get at the...
  3. M

49L Top Case Lid disassembly

Hello and thank you in advance. I purchased a top case where the previous owner had cut off the 4 latches attached to the lid off the case. I've removed every torx screw in the top lid assembly but cannot figure out how to separate the inner black plastic from the outer shell. I've taken the...
  4. totgas

2018 R1200 RT Flat Pannier Lids.

Hi Guys, Yet another question. I do a great deal of Marshaling for Cycling Road races. As such and also on a daily basis I engage in traffic filtering / lane splitting (legal here in Australia). Is there any manufacturer that makes flat pannier lids for reducing the width of the bike? I am aware...
  5. M

1998 R1100RT Low-side crash. Snapped supports to topcase.

Hi! Dang! Hit an oil slick tonight while taking a simple, traffic-free right-hand turn at a green light, travelling at about 10-15 mph. Leaned into the turn and *boom* we were down. Never saw the slick on a darkish and well travelled (well-stained) city street. I am fine, as I was fully geared...
  6. G

BMW side cases on RS; do they wobble a little?

I purchased a new R1200RS a few months ago, it was equipped with the OEM case carriers. I wanted side cases at the time, but, of course, they have not been available until recently. Last week I was able to get the side cases but now I'm having trouble getting them to fit properly. Despite my...
  7. R

Luggage advice for 2015 F800R

Has anyone successfully found a side bag set up for the 2015 F800R? I am hoping to be able to use adventure touring bags like TraX or Givi adventure bags but am having trouble finding the right mounts for my bike. If you have found the right mounts, can you let me know part numbers? Also, did...
  8. P

R1150R system cases question

Newbie to BMW and these fancy system cases. I just bought a 2004 R1150R and it came with system cases. The cases have a strap inside that prevents the cases from openning completely, Does that strap come off ?? I want to be able to lay the cases open flat , like a book or any...
  9. A

Multivario on K75

Does anyone know if the Multivario K75 tank bag hit the horn button when turning the bars? Considering that the Multivario was designed for the K75, I'm hopping that they addressed this issue.
  10. S

Bringing Krauser Bags Back to Life

I was cleaning up my R100RS about a month ago. Sprayed some kind of quick wax or quick detailer onto the surface of one of my Krauser bags and forgot to wipe the stuff off. One week later I discovered two gigantic off-white blotches on the bag. I've since been trying to remove them with...
  11. B

Camping and Carrying '91 K75

I am going on my second MC camping trip, to the BMW Rally in PA. For my first trip, in 1979, I just slung my backpack over the sissy bar of my old Suzuki 550 GS. This time, I envisioning "moving up" to a duffel bag strapped over the rear seat and rear luggage rack of my K75 (1991). I want to...
  12. C

1200GS jesse bags on an 1100GS?

Wondering of it makes sense to buy a luggage set for 1200gs and get it to work on a 1100gs? I can get complete jesse luggage setup (saddle. top, racks) designed for a 1200GS for a good price... could I then buy racks designed for the 1100 and fit the cases onto it? I'm betting someone has...
  13. L

K75 hard luggage/panniers

I've written to Don and Brian, but haven't heard back, so I am posting to all: You're going to think me really, really stoopid, but... the BMW side cases on my new old K75 (see photo) have handles on them that make me think one can easily take them off their mounts and bring them into the house...
Back