• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rite of Spring Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
All right - the New Year has started, most of us have our bikes covered and on battery chargers so let's start planning for our first ride. :thumb

Time: April 24th, 2010

Inital Meeting Area: somewhere near the New England Air Musueum in Windsor Locks CT for breakfast

Ride Plan: After breakfast ride Route 20 West, to 8 North to Mass 23 west to Rte 7 South to Rte 4 East and then cut north Rte 10 back to the Air Museum and hang out there for a late lunch and see the Museum.

Items that need to be finalized:

• Breakfast location
  • Alternate route for Route 10 leg back to the Museum
  • Lunch Location

We got plenty of time to come up with a kick butt plan to start the riding season, so let this thread be a blank canvas for brainstorming.

Cheers

Luis

Last edited:
I rode today.It was 44 degrees and raining.Maybe old school and the norm for some of you but I did it just to prove to myself I could still do it.I been getting soft in this warm weather climate and wanted to give myself and some of my gear a test before a bigger test later on this summer in a possible run for the ralley.I do feel sorry for those of you who are snowed in though.Although I got a ride planned tommorrow too.Sorry I had to throw that in there to.

Count me in! Should have all the farkels installed by then! :clap

Let's see, push right, turn left...push left turn???

Looking forward to getting back to the real life. Thanks Luis!! :bikes

Please ride safely!

Peter

Am just recovering from a bad holiday cold but will attend the Winter Rally at Camp Blanding this coming weekend. Ride Safe :usa :usa

Okay - getting things back on track; for those interested here is the Link to the museum.

The hours of operation are year round 10 - 5.

So if we have a 2ish hour post breakfast ride we should be meeting around 8 for breakfast (TBD) and head out by 9 so that we are back by noon.

We do lunch nearby (TBD) and we would have still have time to check the place out.

Just trying to form fit this :bottle

Need help with the TBD's :deal

There is a Cracker Barrell restraunt at (I think) exit 43 of 91 about 10 minutes from the Museum. We could meet there for breakfast.

Also coming back rather, than rte 4 to rte 10, we could take rte 128 east over the mountain in West Cornwall (over the covered bridge) and then rte 63 south and hop over to 8 north when we hit Litchfield on 202. Then 8 north back to 20 east in Riverdale and back to Windsor Locks.

Just some thoughts on what are some nice roads around there.

We also might want to do breakfast from 9-10 since it will still be cold in the early morning for folks riding a distance.

Last edited:
YAWN... stretch...

walks outside and sniffs the air, Hmmmm... still winter.... wake me again around the middle of March and I'll think about riding then....

returns to hibernation...:snore ;)

FWIW I took a quick, 7 mile ride last Thursday, 1/7/10. Not too bad. 37 degrees and got a nice thumbs up from a cager. That was #1 for 2010.

Would love to do the visit. A good friend of our lives in Enfield. We'll be down that way about two weeks after the ride ( on our way to Miami...... uh.... by car. ) so can't make the ride. However, going to that museum looks like a visit that we can make at that time. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing the pics. The time will be upon you in a blink! :clap - Bob

I might be in for that ride if winter is letting up here by then. I will have to check my calendar. That's about a 2 hour ride for me from home.

As it would happen I can't make my own ride on the 10th........

So looking for votes for either April 3rd or the 24th.

The 10th is still open but I would like to ride my own ride if I can :violin

I'll set up a poll for about a week to see the interest.

:beer

All right - the New Year has started, most of us have our bikes covered and on battery chargers so let's start planning for our first ride. :thumb

Time: April 10th, 2010

Inital Meeting Area: somewhere near the New England Air Musueum in Windsor Locks CT for breakfast

Ride Plan: After breakfast ride Route 20 West, to 8 North to Mass 23 west to Rte 7 South to Rte 4 East and then cut north Rte 10 back to the Air Museum and hang out there for a late lunch and see the Museum.

Items that need to be finalized:

• Breakfast location
  • Alternate route for Route 10 leg back to the Museum
  • Lunch Location

We got plenty of time to come up with a kick butt plan to start the riding season, so let this thread be a blank canvas for brainstorming.

Cheers

Luis

As it would happen I can't make my own ride on the 10th........

So looking for votes for either April 3rd or the 24th.

The 10th is still open but I would like to ride my own ride if I can :violin

I'll set up a poll for about a week to see the interest.

:beer
Either of those work for me Luis. I hope to be there. I had better get some brake pads ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back