• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The IBR

G

GOGREEN

From what I undestand. the iron butt starts this weekend and I can't find anything on it.

I really enjoyed following along with it in 07.

Speaking about iron butts, I just got an Air Hawk medium size seat cushion for my R12R and it works great. I was literally able to ride twice as far before getting off for a stretch! I found out right away that the tendency is to inflate it too much. As a matter of fact when the seat is unoccupied it holds its shape so well (with the valve open) that all you have to do is close the valve and there's enough air trapped inside to do the job. Well, I had to tell someone.

Seeing everyone

Suppose everyone is in a single location. This makes all the spot trackers pile on top of each other and it seems like a viewer can only see the top tracker.

Is there a way to look at the trackers underneath the top tracker?

Noel

Their having a meet and greet in Spartenburg, S.C. tomorrow, open to everyone who would like to hang out with the riders. IBR starts Monday morning...

ATTENTION IRON BUTT RIDER'S:

I just want you all to be safe and have a great ride. God Bless all of you!

Take Care & Ride Safe
Pat Carol

And the Hopeless Class will be headed up again this year by the Intrepid One, Joel Rappoport, piloting an only slightly modified 1976 R60/6 airhead.

http://rappoport.ws

Suppose everyone is in a single location. This makes all the spot trackers pile on top of each other and it seems like a viewer can only see the top tracker.

Is there a way to look at the trackers underneath the top tracker?

Noel

Hmm. I see now. When I zoom in on the map, I eventually get to the point where the bike markers are not sitting on top of each other.

Noel

Hmm. I see now. When I zoom in on the map, I eventually get to the point where the bike markers are not sitting on top of each other.

Noel
This won't be an issue during the rally, as the riders employ different strategies for bonus points. It's fun to watch the little symbols all start heading back to the checkpoints and, of course, to the dramatic finish.

This won't be an issue during the rally, as the riders employ different strategies for bonus points. It's fun to watch the little symbols all start heading back to the checkpoints and, of course, to the dramatic finish.

This probably isn't the perfect picture of it, but maybe it's like a flower that blooms during the day and closes at night. In this case the riders take off from SC and the dots expand all over the map and then close in on a single point again. Obvious differences include that they close in on a different place than they started from.

Maybe a flower is a better picture when they left and returned to St Louis.

Noel

To the average person, even to the average motorcycle rider, the idea that someone could ride a motorcycle 1,000 miles a day for 11 days in row is unimaginable. But these are not average riders.

I'll be following the rally online -- I've got all my bookmarks set to follow the action. To our fellow MOA member-participants -- have a safe and fun ride and good luck.

Back