• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My bike smells like boiled vomit

knary

looking for a coal mine
Well not always. And I've never smelled boiled vomit but I imagine it's something like this rank odor.

It comes from the oil cooler. It's saturated with rotting organic matter from my last big ride that gets cooked on every ride. So every time I start forward from a stop I get hit by a fragrant wind not too different from the most noxious breeze to come off the most polluted beach at low tide. Blech.

It might be time to clean my bike. :ha

Well not always. And I've never smelled boiled vomit but I imagine it's something like this rank odor.

It comes from the oil cooler. It's saturated with rotting organic matter from my last big ride that gets cooked on every ride. So every time I start forward from a stop I get hit by a fragrant wind not too different from the most noxious breeze to come off the most polluted beach at low tide. Blech.

It might be time to clean my bike. :ha

Did you remember to take a shower after comming home from your last ride... ??? :nyah Remember some of us call the cooked bug materals dinner... :eat

:stick

another reason not to passout and use you bike as a place to sleep off the partying... :hungover :lol

:hide

i know exactly the smell you mean.

use a pressure washer and squirt from the inside out. you won't believe the biology that comes outta there.

Thank you for the breakfast read. I wasssss enjoying this bowl of granola.

Motard

Thanks Scott, perfect timing.

I'm sitting at work clearing my back log of e-mail (and reading the Forum of course), and now I'm imagining that: my mug of black tea smells funny.:sick

regards, Rod.

Lunch

Did you remember to take a shower after comming home from your last ride... ??? :nyah Remember some of us call the cooked bug materals dinner... :eat

another reason not to passout and use you bike as a place to sleep off the partying... :hungover :lol
:stick :eat :eat :buds :buds :bottle :bottle :sick :banghead :wave
:hide

Place a piece of screen door material over the cooler:wave ok.
:stick

I've tried to teach ya...

Sorry, it was a long walk to the port-a-johns, and I just couldn't hold it anymore! I thought it would help cool down the bike, too!

but you just don't learn: Deny everything, admit nothing!

I am still wondering what life experiences, both experientially and olfactory, lead you to the analogy of boiled vomit? At the same time I am wondering; why am I asking this question and do I really want to know?

I am not certain which should be back flushed first, the bike or you. :lol

Last edited:
I started to choke a bit upon reading this, and then I thankfully realized I have no idea what boiled vomit smells like. I must lead a sheltered life.

Back