• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Morning Reads: 23 September 2006

mika

Still Wondering
It is Saturday so I loaded up a bit. Weather has been  here in Lilydale but tomorrow is forecasted to be nice. I am going riding. Back Monday. Have a good weekend.

Bike interviews BMWÔÇÖs Dr Herbert Diess about the 2% of BMWÔÇÖs total business we care about. If bikes are 2% of BMWs business and we are a fraction of that total; why are people surprised when we donÔÇÖt have leverage for discounts from the mothership? Interesting reading anyway.

BMW Welt: explore the new museum construction. There are some videos (Auf Deutsch nat??rlich) and interesting building feature explanations with English text.

World of BMW news does an interview with top photographer Peter Burgstaller.

International travel is the hot topic for us right now. Take an old GS and ride into Darkest Africa.

Worth the waitthat is the conclusion in this article on the F800S

K75 fans may already know this but part of this is taking information to people who may apply it elsewhere. Windscreen adjustment for K75S and K75

Ride Naked? Suzuki has a new naked ride.
092206_2_top.jpg

They have also updated the Bandit line with naked and newly faired bikes.

Fall Colors Guide: I was able to get 150 miles on Wednesday evening by taking a run up the MN side of the St. Croix River to Taylors Falls MN and returning on the WI side. I was taking test run to se what the fall colors are doing. This site may have told me ahead of time but going was more fun. You may find it useful for planning one of the great excuses to take a ride in the fall nature could ever have invented.

Tiresa couple of articles Blowouts and Tire Talk (some familiar authors)

138 cc, 4 stokes and 120 mpg. Gas prices are coming down and it will never replace the Roadster butmaybe my 10 speed.
available in green
Green.R.288.jpg

and yellow
Yellow.L.4.jpg

My favorite colors for fall.

So what is this windchill index thing people are starting to talk about again? This may help in figuring out what kind of gear you need to be a Rounder or just survive the silly season of motorcycling.
TodayÔÇÖs Bike Candy:

Attachments

• PIT9.jpg
    PIT9.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 97
Hot damn!

Excellent, excellent post.

Thanks very much for some great rainy morning reading.

From Vermont,

Best,

Rob Nye

Thanks for the post. I look forward to these each day. Saturday morning, reading motorcycle content and watching the Ryder Cup - three of my favorite things.

I haven't replied to this wonderful daily thread yet, so let me add to the chorus: great info and much appreciated. I'm on my way out for a breakfast ride, but will check all of this out over the weekend.

Much thanks!

Like I said this read is now part of my daily routine. Thanks for taking the time to do this :D

its kinda funny we have rss (or whatever it is) on the home page, but our beat reporter Mustard boy does a much better job presenting them

marK11LT said:
its kinda funny we have rss (or whatever it is) on the home page, but our beat reporter Mustard boy does a much better job presenting them

Its all in the presentation.. I hardly ever scroll down to the bottom of the home page to look at news, but I always look at new posts.. hint hint

This is great, the K75 pointer was very useful to me. Seldom do you see folks linking to information other than for brand new stuff. :thumb

Back