• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Exceeding Local's Expectations

U

Unregistered

One of my favorite things about a big rally is suprizing the "frightened" locals with our quiet bikes, polite dispositions and spending of money. I think usually when people hear that there is a motorcycle (otherwise known as "biker" rally but not by me) rally with 8000 "bikers" they are shaking in their boots, ready for violence and destruction. I loved hearing in Rhinebeck (99 National) how we were so polite and our bikes were so quiet. "Please come back anytime!" I heard as I gassed up to return home. Changing the perception- thats what I like. Dave, Marcellus, NY

Unregistered said:
One of my favorite things about a big rally is suprizing the "frightened" locals with our quiet bikes, polite dispositions and spending of money. I think usually when people hear that there is a motorcycle (otherwise known as "biker" rally but not by me) rally with 8000 "bikers" they are shaking in their boots, ready for violence and destruction. I loved hearing in Rhinebeck (99 National) how we were so polite and our bikes were so quiet. "Please come back anytime!" I heard as I gassed up to return home. Changing the perception- thats what I like. Dave, Marcellus, NY

You don't have straight pipes on your bike? Loud Pipes Save Lives ya know. :stick

Until this year I rode a 1981 Suzuki GS850. There are lots of things I've needed to get used to about a K-bike -- like being stuck in traffic on the Garden State Parkway and having the little old lady in the cage on my right roll down her window to tell me, "Such a nice, quiet bike....." :bikes

I pulled up at a red light with my oilhead, next to 3 cowboys in bandanas in a pickup truck. The guy says to me "That thing sounds like a sewing machine"

"Just the way I like it" I replied.

jeneralist said:
Until this year I rode a 1981 Suzuki GS850. There are lots of things I've needed to get used to about a K-bike -- like being stuck in traffic on the Garden State Parkway and having the little old lady in the cage on my right roll down her window to tell me, "Such a nice, quiet bike....." :bikes

And don't underestimate the effect on the constabulary. Yesterday evening when I was commuting home a squid on an orange sportbike with loud pipes got a "performance award" but the, ahem, responsible rider in full gear on the BMW :)wave) didn't get a second glance from the trooper.

- Ross

Quiet bikes on Route 100

Nice to see all these quiet bikes come up route 100 in VT heading to the rally. They pass right by my office in West Dover (Mount Snow) and my co-workers are saying "nice bikes and they are so quiet"... and then they realize that I'm heading to the rally tomorrow and will be off for three days :)
@#&*!~%&* (translates to "I wish I had a beemer too)

See you at the rally!

Southern VT beemer chick

Back