• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Weather looking good so far: 30 day forecast

I didn't go to Bloomburg last year and I am not going to Sadalia this year due to the heat. Turning a rally into a survival contest by holding it in mid July in one of the hottest parts of the country doesn't appeal to me at all. When the national is held in a cooler location, or at a cooler time of the year Perhaps I will once again attend. Good luck to all those brave souls attending this years rally.

I went to several RA Rallies in June or late September/early October. One was HOT, 2 were COLD and one was JUST right. I prefer mid June. I think the secret is elevation. Rallies should all be above 2,000 feet. Even if it is hot during the day, the nights tend to be cool and comfortable.

I decided not to attend last year because of the heat and it's the same scenario this year.
This is the result of wrong decision making and nothing else. I ride for fun and atgatt and 100+ weather is not where I want to be.
Good Luck to everybody who is attending.

Wish it was like last year when i rode though Sedalia in the middle of August. I had my jacket liner in and grip heaters on. Unseasonably cold then.

I keep looking at the temperature at Sedalia each day... and each day the temperature gets hotter, hotter, and hotter!!!

It's hot.

My dad and I rode from the Chicago suburbs Monday to Hannibal, MO. Upper 90's. Then today from Hannibal to Osage Beach, MO. We're staying two nights here. My GS's display showed 104 at one point today.

We're just stopping more frequently, grabbing water, shade or some A/C. Trying to be good about wearing gear but it's difficult.

Looking forward to tent camping Thursday!

Seth

We're at the rally grounds. Yes, it's hot, but you all have lots of really incredible people working very hard to make this another grand BMW family reunion.

Don't forget there are lots of air conditioned building this year.

We wouldn't miss it for the world!

Voni and Paul

The Family Fun Center, now called the Cool Down center next to the Beer Garden will be open 24 hours.

Once the sun quits blazing, an evening walk is almost pleasant outside.

Voni
sMiling

The Family Fun Center, now called the Cool Down center next to the Beer Garden will be open 24 hours.

Voni
sMiling

Good deal :thumb

Excellent news!

Voni
sMiling

Thanks for the info, Voni!

Back