• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Scam Alert-Someone is spoofing Verizon-

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Just thought I'd throw it out there, someone is spoofing Verizon and if you are a customer, you may get a call at any time of day- or night. The money they say is yours will be one of the clues. If they want you to go to Verizon 27 dot com 'cause you have $27.00 headed your way- run the other way. the number they are spoofing is a legitimate Verizon 800 number.
A little more info here-
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/828572
OM

Just thought I'd throw it out there, someone is spoofing Verizon and if you are a customer, you may get a call at any time of day- or night. The money they say is yours will be one of the clues. If they want you to go to Verizon 27 dot com 'cause you have $27.00 headed your way- run the other way. the number they are spoofing is a legitimate Verizon 800 number.
A little more info here-
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/828572
OM

This happened to my Mom & Dad just a couple months ago. The Nigerian fu*ks used their age & lack of knowledge against them. It's just as you said, they call and the number shows up on caller ID as a "Verizon" phone number. They sound legit and make you think you are eligible for a "credit" for being a good customer. They then frame the phone call in a way that gets people such as my innocent & uninformed parents to reveal their password. Once they have that the call is wrapped quickly with a promise to credit your account. They then hijack your account and change your ESN numbers to make international calls and order sh*t online using your phone account.
One they figured out what had happened, my parents contacted me and I immediately called Verizon on their behalf to inform them of the theft. When I brought up the seriousness of the incident and how they are pirating a VZW ph number...the rep seemed very nonchalant about it. I asked to be transferred to a manager and when I get him on the phone....same thing! It was very matter of fact. I said to him "I wonder what ABC News would think about reporting this?" That got his attention and their accounts were properly refunded and reconnected! The whole ordeal took over an hour on the phone though. :banghead And my reference to Nigeria is factual, as the manager said that's where this known problem has been traced to. :banghead

Some serious scams and disgusting people out there! Be careful and protect yourself and your family! :nra

Back