• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

So I bought an IPhone

Glenn -

One of most memorable nights I have spent outdoors was outside of Tucson on Mt. Lemmon during the Perseids meteor shower in August many, many years ago. Welcome to the world of Apple!

Cheers,

>>an iPad Mini,<<

And how do you like the Mini? It's on my short list of wants right now. Do you find the "non retina" display to be all that different?

Tnx..RUT

I love it, and I don't see much difference at all, my wife has a new one with the retina. But I bet that will be Apple's next release........

Glenn -

One of most memorable nights I have spent outdoors was outside of Tucson on Mt. Lemmon during the Perseids meteor shower in August many, many years ago. Welcome to the world of Apple!

Cheers,

Thanks for the welcome, Theo, I appreciate it. That is a beautiful place and a great ride. They did have a big fire up there a few years back, burned 300 houses/structures and a bunch of acreage. Glenn in Tucson

>> But I bet that will be Apple's next release........<<

That's what I'm afraid of! I think they purposely did not make the Mini w/ retina display so as not to detract sales from the full sized iPad. (which wifey has)

>> But I bet that will be Apple's next release........<<

That's what I'm afraid of! I think they purposely did not make the Mini w/ retina display so as not to detract sales from the full sized iPad. (which wifey has)

Agreed!

This is nonsense. It's all about battery power. The battery would have to be huge to support retina with ten hour life, besides, the way it is now looks damn good even if you're used to retina.

I love iOS, but I'm an Apple fanboy who is happy with Nexus 7, until Apple wises up and gives me retina in a 7-8 inch form factor.

>>an iPad Mini,<<

And how do you like the Mini? It's on my short list of wants right now. Do you find the "non retina" display to be all that different?

Tnx..RUT

I have a mac mini also. Small footprint and quiet. Best desktop I have ever bought. Replaced an Apple Quicksilver and a Dell. My wife took one look at a Mini in the shop and said that she liked it better than any computer we owned.

Apple markets the Mini as their entry level computer and it is aimed at people that want to try a Mac for the first time. If you want to try the used market, you should be able to find a nice Intel based unit for about $100-200, maybe a little more.

Ran across this while looking for something else....:p
Just did the update to the latest and greatest IO7, I guess. Not real enthused with the keypad contrast but I'm adjusting.
Has anyone figured how to clear the notification that all the old read e-mails are now un-read?
OM

Ran across this while looking for something else....:p
Just did the update to the latest and greatest IO7, I guess. Not real enthused with the keypad contrast but I'm adjusting.
Has anyone figured how to clear the notification that all the old read e-mails are now un-read?
OM

Did you figure it out?

Ios7

Anyone else having trouble pairing IO7 iPhone software with cardo Bluetooth collar on schuberth helmet?
Ran into hands free functionality issues on iPhone 4 IOS7 upgraded this weekend to iPhone 5 with IOS 7 same problem. If anyone has had this issue and found a solution let me know. I've tried quite a few bits of troubleshooting already. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Not bike related, but my most useful app is iBank. I can keep my bank account up to date and sync with the Mac version.

Back