• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2010 Yamaha Super Tenere

texanrt

Check out the gallery photos: http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2010/02/24/introducing-the-2010-yamaha-super-tenere-another-bike-we-cant-buy-here-yet.htmp://

2010-Yamaha-Super-Tenere_blue_3-4.jpg

Wow, looks and reads like a GS with a Yamaha badge. Similar power, weight, styling, wheels, driveshaft, ABS, suspension and orange glow information display.
Probably a high quality, go anywhere machine.

Ride Safe
Mike

Whole New Bike

This is a ground up new bike, including the engine, according to Yamaha. Not unlike BMW, Yamaha frequently follows their introductory model with a followup to fix any complaints riders might have. The FJR's reported heat issues come to mind, now fixed.

That said, if this is anything like the FJR in design and manufacturing quality, BMW has a new serious competitor for its GS series. Hopefully, the new engine/drive train will allow low CG, high clearance, reasonable seat height - all features that BMW has had trouble with.

That said, BMW doesn't seem to be sitting on its hands, what with the newest engines. But the Tenere appears to have most of BMW's self-touted technology - proactive suspension and stability with ABS, DOHC, and such.

Time will tell if they got the ratios right - a place where even the exaulted BMW stumbled with the early 1150GS first gear.

Oh, and maybe the final drive won't dump you in Dismal Seepage, KS when you wanted to be in Tahoe.

Jim

Jim, they're standing in line at www.fjrforum.com to buy this bike; BMW better worry!

This is a ground up new bike, including the engine, according to Yamaha. Not unlike BMW, Yamaha frequently follows their introductory model with a followup to fix any complaints riders might have. The FJR's reported heat issues come to mind, now fixed.

That said, if this is anything like the FJR in design and manufacturing quality, BMW has a new serious competitor for its GS series. Hopefully, the new engine/drive train will allow low CG, high clearance, reasonable seat height - all features that BMW has had trouble with.

That said, BMW doesn't seem to be sitting on its hands, what with the newest engines. But the Tenere appears to have most of BMW's self-touted technology - proactive suspension and stability with ABS, DOHC, and such.

Time will tell if they got the ratios right - a place where even the exaulted BMW stumbled with the early 1150GS first gear.

Oh, and maybe the final drive won't dump you in Dismal Seepage, KS when you wanted to be in Tahoe.

Jim

Jim, I've been riding BMW continuously since March 1969; but, if the Super Tenere is sold here en Estados Unidos; my 1996 BMW R1100GS is up for sale and gone!!!

Like many of my fellow BMW rider/owners, I've grown sick and tired of wondering if/when my final drive is going to fail. I'll keep my 2009 BMW F650GS Twin and my 2005 BMW R1150RT, but until BMW fixes their drive problems; no mas BMW, ese!!

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=125149&st=0&start=0

Does BMW realize how many "other make" potential buyers they've turned away from $$ sales due to their tarnished reputation with this final drive failure fiasco?

When I show up for an www.fjrforum.com ride on either of my shaft drive BMW's, recurring joke is "Stay Away From Don, his Beemers rear end is going to blow up!"

I have an Australian friend that loves his Tenere. His site is here, hope you don't get lost there. :)

The Tenere needs beak, it reminds me of some of the R 100 GSPDs the have's verses the have nots.

Hmmm... Pretty sweet bike, Maybe a bit heavy, but I'll bet they could sell a bunch of them if they didn't price them like BMW's. Like the way the bags appear to tuck into the bike, and the overall look is much cleaner then the G.S.'s. (No, I don't think it needs a "beak'!!) Bring it state side, price it @ 12 thousand, watch them fly out of the showroom!!! After all, doesn't the G.S. models account for something like 35% of all BMW sales? Yamaha needs a bike like this for those of us who:(1) don't like cruisers, or (2) don't do full on sport bikes. They don't have much in between other then a few d.p. bikes or sport tourers. Lets hope they bring it here... Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Nice bike, but 575 pounds is too much.

Likewise with the Honda Varadero at 610 pounds.

Too bad; these look like good machines.

well, not much real information in that video.

this bike is very appealing to me... i would like to know more about it's serviceability by the owner.

i also would have liked to see slightly more innovation from yamaha rather than a fairly straight trace of the GS.

if yamaha puts a 2WD system on this bike, i will not be able to resist.

ian

awesome vid

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxK677pPCcA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxK677pPCcA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

motorcycle usa says it won't be coming to the usa. :cry

Hmmm... Pretty sweet bike, Maybe a bit heavy, but I'll bet they could sell a bunch of them if they didn't price them like BMW's. Like the way the bags appear to tuck into the bike, and the overall look is much cleaner then the G.S.'s. (No, I don't think it needs a "beak'!!) Bring it state side, price it @ 12 thousand, watch them fly out of the showroom!!! After all, doesn't the G.S. models account for something like 35% of all BMW sales? Yamaha needs a bike like this for those of us who:(1) don't like cruisers, or (2) don't do full on sport bikes. They don't have much in between other then a few d.p. bikes or sport tourers. Lets hope they bring it here... Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Can you say 13,500 Euro Thats around $18,000.

Is it coming to the US of A? Thought I saw a comment that it is not headed our way, at least for now, on another forum.

Back