• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Kinda reminds me a little of a R68 or R69S. Black formal tux is allways in fashion. Cary Grant style is never dated.

Who said a RT has to stay on the tarmac?

P1000207.jpg

This is on my trip to Morocco. This was just a little show for the picture (the road is behind the photographer) but we did some gravel/dirt roads as we traveled the 'outback' in Morocco. There were also roads that were partly destroyed by flash floods and falling rocks from the mountains. Some roads looked like they were hit with clusterbombs...but my RT took it well, thanks to the HyperPro shocks and spoked wheels.

Since then, some things have changed for my Beemer:
IMAG0020-1.jpg

I painted the casecovers white and put on 'Daktari-style' stickers.

My bike is a '97 R850RT ex-police bike.

Nice bike.
Nice photos.
Nice trip!
Africa.... someday. Sigh..

You should do a before and after captioned something like:

"RT goes native after trip to Africa!" :laugh

Africa.... someday. Sigh..
I realise it's a bit out of your way, but it's addictive. As soon as you drive off the ferry in Morrocco, you feel that you enter another world. For us it was a 2500km ride from Holland to the south of Spain, and we rode around in Morrocco for two weeks and went back.
This year, I go back. I'm helping to get a team together to drive to The Gambia for charity. We go through Morrocco, Mauretania and Senegal. We're planning to do some 'Dakar' stages (not the same speed, just the route) as we go through the Sahara desert. We go on old Yamaha XT600Z Tenere's and we're donating them to Riders For Health. This organisation gives them to doctors so they can provide medical care to people too far away from the clinics. We also donate spare parts, so the bikes can keep going.

It's part charity, but also a big Dakar style adventure for us!

Africa is great for driving a bike, but unfortunately, parts of it are dangerous because of wars and criminals. Some reports are exaggerated but there are parts where there's a real threat of landmines or robberies. But if you know where to go, it's quite safe.

Here's more after I striped her up. Thought the classic double white stripe on black would look good on the S, but it was hard with the bike's lines. I don't recall seeing any S's done in this way... any thoughts would be appreciated...
Looks brilliant! I always liked the S. I was in Italy at the F1 GP when this bike was introduced and somewhere in town of Monza, a couple of them were parked. The Italians were absolutely in love with it, even though it's not a Ducati. They loved the exhaust and the lines. Very nice to see the true love for the design withouth nationalism.

Dare I ask how you did it? Are you a pin stripe artist yourself? It look so tight! Great job, however you did it!

2004 1150rs

Pic of my newest ride. Bought it this past summer with 12K miles on it. Riding it to Canada this May 2011.:usa

Attachments

• R1150rs 1.jpg
    R1150rs 1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 516
1150rs 2004 mdl.

ok, last one fully dressed. I bought this bike from a BMW employee who bought it from BMW new in 2006 and wasn't put on the road until then.

Attachments

• R1150rs.jpg
    R1150rs.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 517
As an RS owner myself I can appreciate your love foir the bike. That is quite a find. Be sure to post picture of your trip to Canada. Where are yoiu going?

trip to Canada

As an RS owner myself I can appreciate your love foir the bike. That is quite a find. Be sure to post picture of your trip to Canada. Where are yoiu going?

Actually, I'm going on a rambling road trip that will end up in Glacier National Park, where I will then ride to the border of Canada, touch it and then turn around and go back to Texas.

D.W.:usa

Back