• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Just Ridin' Pictures

Taking a breather this morning at the Tom Mix memorial on AZ 79 between Florence and Oracle. It's where he ran off the road in his Cord and was killed in 1940. Temp was about 70F. Desert very green. It'll soon be too hot here to ride much (at least for me) and the desert will brown out.

IMG_20130318_115735.jpg

I know it well. Ticket is to ride early and late in this country in the summer. I do not do much night riding anymore but it is a great way to go long distance. Temps are perfect. Very nice looking bike.

Jack

Either she has an itch on her back she can't reach, or

She is trying to reduce/limit your lean angle with her body english, or

She is setting up for the right hander coming up, or

She is not at all comfortable about the ride she is on.

??????????????

Gotta go back and look at the picture of the passenger obviously leaning the wrong way for the lean angle of the bike at that moment.

Skyline Drive, Virginia

Recently riding the Skyline Drive from Luray to Front Royal. Yes, we hit a bit of fog- but we'd been on a lower section of the BRP in North Carolina two days earlier and were in fog so thick you could barely see the road in front of your wheel- over 40 miles worth! (group ride)

This stretch was mid morning on a Monday- and we all but had the road to ourselves. Another lovely moment on Skyline Drive! :dance

R11S taking a break at Galena Summit overlook.

we (bike and I) loved the ride over Dead Indian Pass, what a fabulous road with amazing views.

Ride back from Key West to Virginia Beach, VA

Leaving Key West on the Overland Highway (Route 1) for Virginia Beach by way of Delray Beach and St. Augistine, FL. Florence, SC then home to Virginia Beach.:dance

Attachments

• DSC02718.jpg
    DSC02718.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 522
Near Galena Summit

Overlooking the Stanley Basin. Taken during the recent Stanley Stomp before smoke from the developing fires got too thick.

IMG_2830.jpg

Later that afternoon back at Grandjean (Sawtooth Lodge), the smoke thickened as the winds blew from the south.

IMG_2867.jpg

Last edited:
Fireflight Rendezvous, Maupin OR

Riding east on Washington 14, Columbia River Gorge

IMG_1756.jpg

Mt Hood
IMG_3126.jpg

Mt Adams
IMG_3166.jpg

Back