• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Bum on a Bikes cranking miles...

O

OUTBACKUFO

James Bay, Trans Taiga ROADS...The Bum on a Bikes cranking miles...

Last edited:
That ST's working out for you, I see. :thumb

As usual, terrific photos, Mike. Is Cisco an abandoned town or something?

Good for you. Life's too short to spend time being berated. Of course, RR fans will be expecting frequent reporting. 3 bikes, no job.........:bow

After 650 miles i think i got a good start to the riding summer... up to 1200 miles the weekend before did a 450 mile ride in western Colorado... beware the Bum on a Bike might just ride to your town next... at least my wonderful wife is very supporting of my :D :deal crazyness

:clap

Life is to short to be unhappy.

Good for you and your decision to rid yourself of a poisonous work environment. Opportunity abounds for folks like you and I'm sure you will only be unemployed for as long as you want to be.

Congrats on the pending arrival.

Thanks for taking the time to share your ride. Need to get back to Western Colorado soon for a fix. Went to Ouray three years in a row and loved every minute of it.

You will recognize this location (even though you couldn't ride there for a few more months).

1209147818.jpg

now for the things you see and hear when riding... a very angry father was chewing out his 18yr son for being a TV want-a-be lazy punk. at first i did not know what to think but just eat my burger... but the father had a point... somewhere in the crumpled mess of burger wrappers and fries containers was the last meal this father and son would have for at least 2 yrs.. the son in a bright yellow snowboarder tshirt and his big 70's throw back sunnys hiding the tears was awe struck with his mouth open the entire time. the father was tearing up a bit too.... the father was a hard working man... you could just hear it in his voice and look on his face (glanced up only twice)... i could hear how his son was throwing his life with his drugged out loser friends... and how he had to work for everything and how his son was just throwing money down the drain and calling his father "lazy"... at the end of the 'meal' the father told the son... if in two years you have a job, a place to live, and a car on you own then you can come back for dinner. they then got up and walked out... i did not see if the son got in the truck that pulled out or not i just saw a truck pull out shortly after they walked out... Makes you think about a lot of thinks when riding when you hear/see an intense moment in two others' lives in a corner of a Wendy's/ gas station eating area....

You've posted some great pictures and I hope you don't get a job for awhile because I'm enjoying these reports........., but I must say, this narrative of the Dad and the son is something I'll remember for some time. This is the true definition of "tough love". You've got some writing skills that compliment that photo eye.

You've posted some great pictures and I hope you don't get a job for awhile because I'm enjoying these reports........., but I must say, this narrative of the Dad and the son is something I'll remember for some time. This is the true definition of "tough love". You've got some writing skills that compliment that photo eye.

we will all see how this thread pans out... once i get some of the new house duties done then i have a major riding pass with my better half... "i dont care how much you ride once the master bed/bath is done... so in a week... will be leavign a fine atomic layer of rubber everywhere loosing tires...

going to head to Labrador and Norther Quebecc in June... since got Lamaz class in July... and of course today in the mail got a Jury summins for June 11th... get one pass a year on jury duty will post pone it until later in the summer... only 20K to go from my 200,000 mile level thats the goal for riding this summer

back riding... finger healed enough

Last edited:
The case of the $332.00 hair cut...

Last edited:
I always look forward to you stories because there seems to be a lesson to be learned.

I have a question and please don't take this a critical.

Would you have plugged the tire if you had your kit?

If so, did you think about buying a plug kit at the "other dealer" and riding back home.

Is the "other dealer" on the west side of town?

Spent the last 4 days in Highlands Ranch wishing I could ride. :violin

Back