• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

J&M or Blue Ant Bluetooth - Which is better?

I have had no problems getting things repaired or replaced after years of use. Emailed the owner and gotten responses back the same day. Techs worked with me as well. I really like the 2003 handlebar unit on 3 of my bikes. Had one on the forth, but wrecked the bike.

What exactly was wrong and what did they do to fix it? Was it mounted on the RT or the Royal Star?

Did they ask you to remove and send them every piece of equipment including your cell phone and gps?

what was wrong

My manly wife (joke) busted the push to talk lever on the one on her RT. One of the small plugs on the back took a hail stone in Colorado on my RT and fell in which allowed in a bit of water. One of the units stopped transmitting, but I think it was keyed several times without an antenna attached, which is supposed to be a no-no on CBs. I have had the units since 2004 and put lots and lots miles on them. They are not wireless, but the communication from bike to bike has been awesome. The input for an aux with separate volume (has an amp) is one of my favorite features.

My manly wife (joke) busted the push to talk lever on the one on her RT. One of the small plugs on the back took a hail stone in Colorado on my RT and fell in which allowed in a bit of water. One of the units stopped transmitting, but I think it was keyed several times without an antenna attached, which is supposed to be a no-no on CBs. I have had the units since 2004 and put lots and lots miles on them. They are not wireless, but the communication from bike to bike has been awesome. The input for an aux with separate volume (has an amp) is one of my favorite features.

I'm glad you got satisfaction. Good thing you were not trying to troubleshoot electrical noise, interfaces or many of the other features J&M claims to offer.

I'm glad you got satisfaction. Good thing you were not trying to troubleshoot electrical noise, interfaces or many of the other features J&M claims to offer.

Gee, I get the idea you aren't the world's biggest fan of J&M.... :lol

Interphone F4 ..... www.mrhit.com has good deals..
For a good read see here..http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/interphone-f4/
I have had mine for a few weeks now and the stereo is amazing as well as the phone comms.. I am solo so I have no experience with the intercom function.
Just my 0.02 cts

Are you using bluetooth to connect to your music? If so, what's your setup? I am looking at hooking to an iPod with bluetooth that I am going to control with an iJet. But I am interested in your setup if you have a good one working.

Thanks!

Back