• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Congratulations, Sue!

bmwdean

BMW MOA co-founder
Congratulations, Sue Rihn-Manke on a masterful job of creating and managing a fabulous rally here in Wisconsin.

You have a standard for others that will be hard (impossible?) to meet, but sets up a great target to which they can aspire.

I really appreciated the attention to cleanliness. Lots of trash cans, porta-potties and the showers were great.
Made it that much more enjoyable for all.

Thank you, Sue.

Sue, thanks for giving me the opportunity to have a great time while losing my rally virginity. Your allowing me to volunteer for early setup, even though you didn't know me from Adam, gave me a chance to meet some really great people one-on-one. I know you must have had moments where things didn't go smoothly, but they were never noticed. Great job was done by you and your team. Thanks again.

I really appreciated the attention to cleanliness. Lots of trash cans, porta-potties and the showers were great.

Hey - thanks for noticing that.

A couple of years ago after Lima, I was crucified on the IBMWR for messy bathrooms in Lima. I swore that wouldn't happen again, so we went long on portable toilets & handwashing stations, and doubled the cleaning times so they were serviced twice a day.

The shower trailers were a slam dunk. Expensive as all get-out, but worth every doggoned nickel.

Brian and I are still recovering. I must say that I am looking forward to time away from the phone and computer for a change.

Yup, it was a most excellent rally. And I actually got to rally at this one!

I am not a port-a-potty fan but I was amazed at the cleanliness of them, at least the ones near my tent north of the RV area. They were cleaned out so many times that more than once, the pot hadn't been used yet when I entered. And I appreciated the antibacterial lotion in each unit, as well as the handwash stations.

Thanks Sue (and Brian--the entertainment was kick-ass). You did good all around!

Brian and I are still recovering. I must say that I am looking forward to time away from the phone and computer for a change.

Somehow I think you will recover quickly and will be eager to manage your next MOA rally.

When will that be?

2009?

2010?

I have to say that this rally had a general groove I haven't seen at a national rally in a long, long time. Everybody was in a good mood and I'm convinced that attitude flowed down from the top of the rally staff.

Everywhere I looked, people were smiling, enjoying themselves and each other.

Sue and Brian, take a bow. You guys did a magnificent job on this one!

dave

Ditto on the kudos for the shower trailers and porta-potties and overall rally, but the next time somebody named Pete upsets the Rallymaster, instead of screaming at 2:20am, please wait until morning. I don't know what Pete did (or even know Pete), but waking up the entire corner of a campground because of a problem between two people was pretty unfair to everyone else.

Ditto on the kudos for the shower trailers and porta-potties and overall rally, but the next time somebody named Pete upsets the Rallymaster, instead of screaming at 2:20am, please wait until morning. I don't know what Pete did (or even know Pete), but waking up the entire corner of a campground because of a problem between two people was pretty unfair to everyone else.

Yep - I agree. Sorry to all who I woke up. Two hours of sleep a night tends to make me a little edgy.

Yep - I agree. Sorry to all who I woke up. Two hours of sleep a night tends to make me a little edgy.

You are not as tall as me but I never thought of you as little, you are a huge dynamo and edgy helped make the Rally great. :ha

Thanks again for all you did.

Congrats

Loved the Rally Site,clean showers and facilities but most of all I enjoyed the company of my riding companions and making new friends.It's what the Rally is all about.Many thanks to Sue and Brian and to all those volunteers who made this great event possible.

Thanks

Sue,

Thanks to you and Brian for organizing a great rally. It was my first and I had a wonderful time. Can't wait until next year.

Dan Peace
R1150RT

Thanks

A big Thank You to Sue and everyone else who made this possible. This was also my first MOA rally and I found it to be a model of efficiency, especially when compared to some other Rally's I have attended. I very much appreciated the cleanliness and quantity of the bathrooms and showers. I thought the food available was pretty good and never felt like I was being taken advantage of price wise. Even though I was alone, if I stood in one place for more than a couple of minutes someone would strike up a conversation and so I made some friends that I look forward to seeing at next years Rally. So again, Thanks to everyone who worked so hard.

I'll toss my thanks into the mix as well. Laura and I enjoyed every minute of the rally, which was our first. :)

Back