• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rukka Airway Jacket Review

na1g

na1g
Webbikeworld.com just posted a review of the new Rukka Airway Jacket and matching pants. These are vented and , as you would expect from Rukka, high-tech and top quality. In the market for some good vented gear? Check out the review. The bottom line: jacket = $899, pants = $699 so you won't see me in this stuff, but wish I could spend that much.

Related question: why do manufacturers of vented gear give you a waterproof liner that goes inside the vented shell. Wouldn't it make more sense to use an outer waterpoof shell so that A) you don't have to take the jacket off to put on the waterproofs? and B) the vented jacket stays dry?

pete
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde

Related question: why do manufacturers of vented gear give you a waterproof liner that goes inside the vented shell. Wouldn't it make more sense to use an outer waterpoof shell so that A) you don't have to take the jacket off to put on the waterproofs? and B) the vented jacket stays dry?

Much waterproof gear, especially those with a "breathable membrane", is somewhat fragile, at least when compared to the shell. A waterproof liner that tears is soon not waterproof. It's also quite expensive. Putting it inside the shell helps protect the expensive liner from wear and tear.

Liners on jackets aren't too bad. I can remove a jacket, put on the liner, then put the jacket back on pretty quick (although I no longer have to since I returned to the Riders Wearhouse fold). Liners for pants, on the other hand, are crazy. While standing in the rain I'm supposed to take off my boots so I can take off the pants to put on the liner, the pants, and then boots now full of water. :scratch If the liner wasn't in the pants when I left for the ride I wound up using external rain pants.

Back