• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tent Camping

Did I mention.

NICE SCORE !

I figure that it is going to cost me about $140 for a 12' noah, plus a couple poles, plus line, plus stakes... sure makes the Kelty Sunhshade look good for $160.

EXCEPT>>>

The tarp with poles weighs in at:

3lbs & 5"x23'
vs
11 lbs & 6"x30"

i problably should stop screwing around and just buy the damn thing. :blush

I took this picture at the rally site last summer. I would feel confident making the assumption it is the main camping area. There may be other areas to camp. I believe down along the tree line would provide afternoon shade.

P7250636.jpg

Looks like it will have good drainage :drink

(note to self . . . camp at the higher elevation)

Looks like it will have good drainage :drink

(note to self . . . camp at the higher elevation)

Shhhhh.

Let everyone fight for shade. That'll leave the high ground for the folks that know how to camp.

This could be one of those rallys where all the early arrivals "grab" the worst spots. :bolt

Shhhhh.

Let everyone fight for shade. That'll leave the high ground for the folks that know how to camp.

This could be one of those rallys where all the early arrivals "grab" the worst spots. :bolt

ho ho!!! You beat me to that remark! We always try to get as close to the dance floor as we can so it that's where the trees are then we'll be there. If not look for us right near Rob :p -Bob

just ordered the Noah 12 from Campmor $123 delivered w/ two non adjustable, collaspable poles:drink :drink :drink

picked up a pillow from Dicks earlier.checked out my stool this afternoon at Environeers in Sarasota. just need to buy the stool and an appropriate stuff bag or two.. and I'm ready for the rally.. :drink :twirl

Stool done, picked it up today..lightweight and 23 inches long..

still need to solve the Coffee Pot+fire or some sort of Caffeine Infusor :coffee

Stuff Bags still to go. (optional)
Radar Dectetor+mount. (optiona)

and

It's Rally Time :bolt

:drink :twirl :drink :twirl :drink :twirl

I am interested to hear/know the effect of hauling one super big folding chair sideways on the back of my bike. Just never tried it yet...

I did that last year. Worked well on the LT's back seat but I scuff up the saddle bags a little. The draw string on the chairs bag flapped around around a ton. I ended up getting a Kermit chair for Xmas. Now, I'll just put it into the topcase along with my tent, sleeping bag, theramrest and cot.

As for my pillow, I have a small buckwheat filled pillow that I strap to my back seat in a water proof bag. Feels just like sleeping at home!

+1 on the Aeropress!!:thumb It makes the best coffee or espresso ever. The paper filter is the key and it keeps the coffee grounds where they belong.. None of that cowboy coffee stuff.....:stick..:whistle

Polycarbonite.....PLASTIC!

I ordered one from Amazon today for 26 bucks. I'll see how it works this weekend.

I use my Aeropress every morning for a nice, dark cuppa French Roast. Follow the directions to experiment as to what works best, as this is key, just like any good coffee prep. I experimented with my microwave and heat my water to near boiling with 2 min 30 seconds on high. While this is heating I put two scoops into the AP then pour in a small amount of the water, stir the grounds and kinda "chop" the grounds, then fill it up to the very top with the heated water and squeeze it into a large cup. Then enjoy. Love it and since it uses small paper filters, you don't get the oils like a French Press, or any powdery grounds in your Joe. I'm planning to get a Jetboil for tent camping and backcountry trips to use with the Aeropress. :thumb

Just remember not to throw out the little filter basket. It is easy to lose.

Another satisfied Aeropress user. Great on our sailboat when in the North Channel.:thumb

you don't get the oils like a French Press

What no oils!?

all kidding aside,, Thanks for the help.
I probably will be ordering the press in the morning, but I was unsuccessful in finding a discounted jet boil. Will poke around some, but might cheap out and buy a Coleman Propane Stove Single Burner for $30 but then I still need a neato-nifty pot (never end$)

btw.....the Kelty Tarp arrived.

Just about all set for the rally.:drink

OK, I'm going to get shouted down here I think but . . .
I like a classic french press, no filters thank you.
With a french press you should grind your beans coarsely, much less fine than say if you are going to brew in a drip maker with paper filter. I can remember the first time I used a French press and ground the beans really fine.
Now that was chewy!
Yes, I do get a little more sediment in the cup but it's not like I am chewing grounds.
It gives the coffee a little "mouth feel". I prefer it to the heavily filtered drip variety.

I think REI has a single travel French press cup, $14 iirc. No filters required.

I think REI has a single travel French press cup, $14 iirc. No filters required.

there's the problem right there...

you need to order the 2 cup model...:whistle

I like regular french press coffee too, but most any coffee trumps the instant crystals.

OK, I'm going to get shouted down here I think but . . .
I like a classic french press, no filters thank you.
With a french press you should grind your beans coarsely, much less fine than say if you are going to brew in a drip maker with paper filter. I can remember the first time I used a French press and ground the beans really fine.
Now that was chewy!
Yes, I do get a little more sediment in the cup but it's not like I am chewing grounds.
It gives the coffee a little "mouth feel". I prefer it to the heavily filtered drip variety.

No shouting here.

To each their own and I'm not advanced enough to know anything about coffee "mouth feel" but I do like the way chocolate feels in my mouth.

there's the problem right there...

you need to order the 2 cup model...:whistle

I like regular french press coffee too, but most any coffee trumps the instant crystals.

Has a little stash in under bottom of the cup for your next load!

Back