• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your hexhead.

Clean ,very low miles and in Helen's favorite BMW color:dance

Hasn't stopped raining since bringing it home from Lone Star's Open House this past Saturday. Helen wanted to ride it to work today:mad

Main change will be Jet-Hot coating on the exhaust system in a week or so.Cannot keep up with AZ-J...but would be fun trying!

Attachments

• PC130109.jpg
    PC130109.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 580
my RT...

2009 RT at Arches National Park outside Moab, Utah

Attachments

• 2010 Bike Wallpaper.jpg
    2010 Bike Wallpaper.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 778
Been there and it looks just like that!

I've been there too. I'm just saying the picture looks too good...like it was all spray painted an hour before it was taken...like no dust on bike...I don't know, just looks super exposed or something. Nice landscape no doubt.

I've been there too. I'm just saying the picture looks too good...like it was all spray painted an hour before it was taken...like no dust on bike...I don't know, just looks super exposed or something. Nice landscape no doubt.

Dust doesn't show on a silver bike..:whistle

Any photo taken in bright sunlight tends to look a little washed-out and flat, but it looks like he might have gotten lucky with the clouds and avoided that problem. Notice that the shadow under the bike is not very distinct. Colors are enhanced.

Having said that, it is also easy to achieve the same effect with photo software such as Irfanview or even what came with the camera, just by increasing contrast and enhancing the colors. I always do that with any photo I intend to post on line. Doesn't make it fake, and it just looks better.

Dust doesn't show on a silver bike..:whistle

Any photo taken in bright sunlight tends to look a little washed-out and flat, but it looks like he might have gotten lucky with the clouds and avoided that problem. Notice that the shadow under the bike is not very distinct. Colors are enhanced.

Having said that, it is also easy to achieve the same effect with photo software such as Irfanview or even what came with the camera, just by increasing contrast and enhancing the colors. I always do that with any photo I intend to post on line. Doesn't make it fake, and it just looks better.

I guess that's my point. I don't think it does look better. It looks unnatural, akin to what you're suggesting about altering settings to achieve a certain look....something degrees different from natural. Not saying it's wrong to do that....just sayin'.

In the old 35mm days, you could achieve that effect with a polarizing filter. The shot looks real to me - a nice photo.

What I seeoto, in the Moab, UT photo, is a little overuse of saturation but, mostly, of what is called Unsharp Mask, whis is used to emphasize contrast at the pixel level, to accentuate delineation of details. Overuse can give a look of such precision and contrast in the details (more than the human eye can actuelly see in real life) that the overall feeling gets artificial. That, plus the use of a moderate wide angle lens, also gives the background as much precision as the foreground, so it looks as much in focus, and it is not very natural. But, hey, photo retouching is also a form of art, thus it is a subjective matter.

on the Angeles Crest HWY 2 last week, at sunset....

32fe4847.jpg

Take downs

moto-light take downs...................

Attachments

• 376096_353716261321970_100000507975684_1466873_674382925_n.jpg
    376096_353716261321970_100000507975684_1466873_674382925_n.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 781
The second shot is a nice panning shot. Muholland drive drive?

Thanks, my partner Nancy took it.

Actually that's Piuma Rd, not far from Muholland though. Much rougher of a road with debris, but no traffic.

Cheers!

Back