• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bike to bike Comm

jchellgren

I just ordered a K1600 GTL.

My friends use either CB based comm systems or the BMW Schuberth C3 comm. When I ride I don't use the phone, listen to the radio, or want to have a commentary with other riders. I ride hard and concentrate. Having a bike to bike comm for hazards or route changes has some use.

Apparently the Scala G9 doesn't link with the bike controls, or to a CB, or to the BMW system.

Is there any way to communicate between two of the systems (e.g. CB to BMW system, Scala to CB)?

I don't like flip visor front helmets and the BMW comm will not fit the Schuberth S2 helmet

The Schuberth comm (built by Scala) will fit the S2 & C3 but will not talk to the BMW Comm.

You may want to go to the K1600 forum and ask this question. I don't use any comm stuff on my 1600 because I am too cheap to pay the relatively high prices for the gear. I am quite content to listen to the voices or music in my head without spending hundreds of dollars.

Rick

Sena smh10 will pair to k1600 for drivers helmet only and allow helmet-helmet comm for a fair distance. It's nice because its VOX so you can have I quiet and it comes on automatically if either of you start talking. Only thing that doesn't work with k1600 is wheel volume control

You may want to go to the K1600 forum and ask this question. I don't use any comm stuff on my 1600 because I am too cheap to pay the relatively high prices for the gear. I am quite content to listen to the voices or music in my head without spending hundreds of dollars.

Rick

It is a bit pricey isn't it? Without my iPhone earbuds I too sometimes listen to the voices in my head. Pretty darn scary at times!!

What's funny is this: I need to tape my iPhone ear buds to my head because of how snug my full face Arai is. NASCAR drivers tape themselves up with comm equipment so I figured if it was good for them it was good for me. When I pull in to some place to get something to eat for example I try to park where "normal" folk can't see the blue painters tape stuck to my ears. So embarrassing!! But at the same time so raceery!! Maybe if I wear a 3M patch on my jacket I can obtain sponsorship money?

Back