• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Not a T

White Bike is a Low Seat Model. The T was only produced in 86 and 87, the top box was optional on T models as were the bags, most people just bought them that way. The T was for Touring so you got the bags.
T model had a touring seat unlike the one pictured. The windshield is a stock windshield that came on the T. Another differentiating factor is the handle bars. S bars were short, C bars were a little taller and T bars were way tall allowing you to sit up straight and still reach the bars.
Not to pick at nits but the white bike in the picture was BMWs response to the complaint that their bikes were too tall.
If I remember correctly this bike had a chrome exhaust heat shield, I'd like to get my hands on one of those.
The rack and back rest looks like a Reynolds after-market piece.
I've had three T models, still have two, I know them well.

Last edited:
hmmmmmm.....

All doc I got from the dealership said '88? but from all outward appearances it would be a "T" model?

Front Range of the Rocky Mountains - Pikes Peak in the background.

BMW3.jpg

My K and I

2000 K1200RS at Deal's Gap

Attachments

• 20050731 Deal's Gap Killboy.com - 25.jpg
    20050731 Deal's Gap Killboy.com - 25.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 876
Fl. K75s transplant from Ma.

I'm getting sick of all those airhead pics. Show me your K!

40953625_6557403484.jpg

Here's a pix of my '92. Moved down from Ma. after I bought it. Can't drive it July thru Sept.! too friggin hot down here! (not bad when moving fast...feels like a 1600W blow drier in the face though!). Sitting in traffic with the cooling fan on and 98deg sun is a killer! ( I don't like to ride w/o my driving jacket, and I refuse to ride w/o a helmet!)....Ya, I know, all you N.E. and other northern climate riders are saying after this winter...STOP YER WHINING!...sucks to be me!
Anyhow, anybody got any tricks to take the fairing off...any links w/ pix, before I start removing fasteners at random?...gotta replace the fan!...Got a pretty good deal on a clean used on at beemerboneyard.com (thought I'd throw them a plug!)
kmitch

Motosport 1987 K100RS

Just turned over 3000 miles on the ODO. Reportedly was previously owned by an industrial designer who bought it in 1987 and kept it in his living room as an art piece for 15 years. Purrs like a kitten.

Attachments

• K100RSmotosport1987.jpg
    K100RSmotosport1987.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 838
Just turned over 3000 miles on the ODO. Reportedly was previously owned by an industrial designer who bought it in 1987 and kept it in his living room as an art piece for 15 years. Purrs like a kitten.

21 years old and 3000 miles?!?

That's 142.85 miles per year.

That's 3 1/2 days of commuting for me. I put 200 miles a week on my bike.

How old was the bike when she went in for her 600 mile service?

How old at 600 miles?

I'm not sure. I bought with a little less than 1200 original miles on it and I am almost sure that was in the year before I got it. It's like new...really...except that I slid into an irrigation ditch and broke the fairing. But I bought a new fairing for it on eBay (paid 250 for it in primer...look up the price of that part---oooohhh baby) and now just need to get it painted and I will be able to restore it to its original pristine state. It's a nice bike but it is still a little too small for me and I want the bars higher and the pegs lower. Ah well, those improvements will have to wait. But I am trying to arrange to get free for Gillette. That would be fun...and would more than double the total miles I have on the bike.

Last edited:
A "Rainy day in Georg" ..... Ontario

Mother Nature's way of cleaning my '94 1100RS before the sun comes out and we live another day to ride

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,037
86 k75s after deer hit

deer got away. Broke my shoulder

Attachments

• deerbike.jpg
    deerbike.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,022
My Ride...

2005 K1200S, with fairing decals & Sargent seat.
What a blast!!!

Thomas

Attachments

• 2cc9.jpg
    2cc9.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 944
Not too many places in the world where you can go and see this sign..... :)

This one is at the intersections of routes 5 and 35 in Lynchville, Maine.

P4260040.jpg

Hi Gail,
Pic was taken last Saturday afternoon. My wife and I were on our first "tour", actually our 10th anniversary weekend, spent in North Conway.

I will post more pics in the "tour" thread.

better late than never

MOA member since '03 but just picked up my first BMW 2 weeks ago:

lake erie2.jpg

K1200RS on Track at Road America

I have had my K1200RS on the track two times at Road America.

Attachments

• becky turn 3 2 signb.jpg
    becky turn 3 2 signb.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 848
Back