• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do you freshen up the rear fender on an R100GS?

If it is raw plastic (i.e. unpainted) peanut butter works wonders. Just work it like a wax. Make sure you use creamy as the crunchy is too hard to work with.:D
I used this method on the oxidized turn signal housings of my K100RS 13,000 miles ago and they still look great.

My son found this stuff at AutoZone. I see that it is sold by two different manufacturers.

It is called "Ultimate Black" and is designed especially for black plastics. This is the McGuire brand. His was Mother's brand I think. I liked his better. But, boy, I am telling you, that it takes and makes all black plastic, rubber (fork boots, tires, handlebar controls, etc.) look like new. Very easy to use, and better than anything I have ever seen. Also, it is not meant to make most black plastic shiny

Do not confuse this with such products as tire black or tire sheen. That stuff leaves a coating and a mess on plastic.

If it is raw plastic (i.e. unpainted) peanut butter works wonders. Just work it like a wax. Make sure you use creamy as the crunchy is too hard to work with.:D
I used this method on the oxidized turn signal housings of my K100RS 13,000 miles ago and they still look great.

I thought I had heard most everything about BMW maintenance but peanut butter is a brand new one for me. I don't doubt for a minute that it works - vegetable oils can do some interesting things, and the smashed peanut meat is probably a mild abrasive.

I wonder if peanut oil would work just as well?

And, I don't suppose it needs to be made from German peanuts, does it? :)

"Vell, der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, und von vas . . . assaulted peanut." :bolt

edit - an old Monty Phyton schtick.

Now we have a use for Kentucky Fried Chicken leftovers!!

I wonder if I go around town to the KFC's and collect up all their garbage, maybe I can package it for sale at the various BMW shops. There just would have to be a statement on the package like, "use before 9/30/13"

Bacon grease will do wonders, however, watch out for stray dogs! Mayonaisse will also work.

Bacon grease ... mayonaisse...peanut butter......

The problem is this.. after parking your bike somewhere, when you come back out, you have to fight a pack of dogs just to get to it!

No telling what you might attract at Yosemite.

And they said BMW's weren't popular!

Back