• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Only a few more days before the truth is revealed but...

My dealer took his riding gear to go to the Intermot BMW meeting. I'll know what it's in a few days.

The previous info concerning the 2013 model changes did not include the GS or the RT. I wonder if the RT will also get the new motor this year instead of waiting a year as in the past? Maybe the new GS at Intermot and RT at EICMA? I am really waiting for the lo rider!

Last edited:
I sincerely hope the GS looks better than that photo. It is absolutely ugly. Looks like something is missing inside the frame or the tank shroud. :lurk

I've had a first month 1150RT and a first month 1200GS. 40k+ on each with zero problems. Can't believe all the terror about being a beta tester. :violin

I have a early build 2005 1200gs and have had lots of problems

I have a 2005 1200gs with a 2004 November build date. The bike has had a total of 7 counterbalance shaft seals replaced, 3 engine output seals, 3 transmission inputs seals, one transmission output seal, clutch slave cylinder, and just had the front bearing of the counterbalance shaft replaced. Always a risk with a early build product.

Question: would you want a surgeon with very little experience to do your surgery. I would rather he get a few "miles" under his belt.

My main riding buddy has a the same bike with a October 2005 build date and has zero problems with his bike.

Back