• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 Rally thread-the early info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just scheduled the time off from work so I am planning to attend. Had such a great time in Sedalia catching up with existing friends and meeting new ones. Also enjoyed great burgers and joking around at the Shriner's. They told me they "did better" with the BMW rally than they do during their state fair.

I dont feel the need for "lodging" reservations with that weather information!

Last year on this date....having experenced Bloomsburg, my Sedalia lodging
was secured.... and worth it last week. Lets go see more pacific NW!!!

Rally Site

I am hearing that the 2013 rally site will be in the Pacific NW...Again. Having venues on the edges of the country shuts out lots of riders who can't make the 'across the country' ride to attend.

I vote for Colorado one of these years... Centrally located; amazing riding and relatively cool. (At Paonia the weather was nearly perfect...even a bit chilly at times.)

Beginning in 2013 the new four Zone rotation schedule is...2013 Zone 1 Western, 2014 Zone 3 Midwest, 2015 Zone 2 Mtn States, 2016 Zone 4 Eastern.

Looks like 2015 for the Mountain states.

So far I've read on this Forum that the great plains are too far from both the east and the west; that the east is too far from the west; that the west is too far from the east; that anything below 5,000 feet is too hot; anything in the plains is too hot; the south is too hot; summer is too hot; and both the east and the west are too far from the middle.

Which explains why the rally is rotated from region to region; and why we are not a ski club. I think we are becoming the BMW Owning Keyboard Owners of America.

I went to Johnson City because I'd always wanted to ride TN/NC/VA/WV.
I went to Eau Claire (RA) because it gave me a pit stop on my way around the Great Lakes.
Didn't do Bloomburg because it was close to home and I had opted for the RA that year.
I went to Sedalia because I'd always wanted to check out the Ozarks.

Salem? Too far for Barley; I can't ask him to do a ride that long especially if the transit is a hot one, but it's part of the nation I've always wanted to see on a bike, so I might take the 2-wheeler and go for it.

Point being there's no law saying you have to attend every single one. If it doesn't fit your needs or timeline find another option. Lord knows there are plenty of roads worth exploring, and plenty of regional rallies worth a nod!

rally

Some of us live on the WEST coast , it is not all indians. We can not go to all rallies . The wash state rally was good this year.

Have to vent somewhere since there's no Tavern ,wisconsin has plenty of cheese to go with all the wine!The garage is the best the rest IS politics acepted or NOT!Now cheese then wine...... ahhhhhhhhh.:bow

Beginning in 2013 the new four Zone rotation schedule is...2013 Zone 1 Western, 2014 Zone 3 Midwest, 2015 Zone 2 Mtn States, 2016 Zone 4 Eastern.

So it goes 1, 3, 2, 4.:scratch

What has previously happened is that before the zone rotation is done they change the zone lines and start over again. :bolt

So it goes 1, 3, 2, 4.:scratch

What has previously happened is that before the zone rotation is done they change the zone lines and start over again. :bolt

Sometimes true, because the zone lines were difficult to adhere to, the zones (6 at one time) were too small, and suitable facilities are hard to find within a reasonable budget.

There seems to be a notion that attendance of 10,000 is financially good and 5,000 is financially bad. Maybe, maybe not. It depends on what the facility costs and how the rally is budgeted. Miss your break-even attendance where ever it is budgeted and it is bad. Pay too much for a facility and it is bad.

2013 Rally Date

What is the date of next years rally. Anyone have a suggestion on a good (cheap) hotel /motel.?

Salem Oregon State Fairgrounds July 18-20, 2013.

Hmmm, so who's up for a PCH ride starting in LA about a week before that? I might do that... Could also start in SF going north and then spend more time in Oregon seeing some sights I missed last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back