• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Would you welcome a "vendor section" in our "Flea Market"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grafikfeat

What is the consensus on a "Vendor Section" in our "Flea Market"?
I ask because I have a small, nondescript embroidery/graphic business to generate "gas money".
If I place an ad in the flea market selling a "custom hat or garment" I'm in violation of the "rules".
Save the flames... I'm asking a legitimate question:

Sure, why not

But vendors should be required to financially contribute to the forum in some way, and should be offering reasonable discounts to members

Sent from me

Sure... Most buy ad space already...
As for discounts that would go w/o needing a requirement as evidenced by the bargains at the National Rallies...:brow

Sure, why not

But vendors should be required to financially contribute to the forum in some way, and should be offering reasonable discounts to members

Sent from me

Will a guest be able to access it or is it for members only?
The folks behind the curtain(s) will have to hammer out who has access.

IE: Will a vendor have to be a member? I dunno... Perhaps as advertisers they'd get a "Pass to list" so to speak.
Or the vendor area would be "Public" but a member would need to present a MOA # to qualify for said discount.

Good Question.

I'm just askin' to see if it is in fact an interest to the members. Especially to small "concerns" such as myself. The weekend shoppe keeper.

The folks behind the curtain(s) will have to hammer out who has access.

IE: Will a vendor have to be a member? I dunno... Perhaps as advertisers they'd get a "Pass to list" so to speak.
Or the vendor area would be "Public" but a member would need to present a MOA # to qualify for said discount.

Good Question.

I'm just askin' to see if it is in fact an interest to the members. Especially to small "concerns" such as myself. The weekend shoppe keeper.

I think it is a good idea too. I'm in my 15th year of doing this part time.
While exposure is good, I think given past problems it should remain for members only.

The Flea Market has always been member-only to protect the individuals from spammers, email mining, etc. The ON only goes to members although not to say that the magazine doesn't make it into other hands. Of course, the on-line ON is members-only.

I think it is a good idea too. I'm in my 15th year of doing this part time.
While exposure is good, I think given past problems it should remain for members only.

The Flea Market has always been member-only to protect the individuals from spammers, email mining, etc. The ON only goes to members although not to say that the magazine doesn't make it into other hands. Of course, the on-line ON is members-only.

Wrong word. Not Thee "Public"... I was thinking of the general membership. The Public being the "vendor" being allowed in... Or words to that effect. (Pre-Coffee) :hungover

Sure, why not

I agree. We do this on I-BMW and it works well for the vendors and members.

Wow !!! I'm not happy !

I can't even find the bikes for sale that I always used to look at.
Who ruined this website ?????
Rick

Which is constantly "changing". :brow

This idea of a vendor forum has already been discussed amongst the mods quite some time ago. We were trying to figure out how to do it and make if "fair". Doing it is a piece of cake...it gets more complicated after that, and that's on the mod team.

Any idea is a good idea regardless of source.

I would tend to disagree...any idea is just another idea, not good or bad. It's already been touched on that there are fringe issues that need to be considered and dealt with.

It's good to get other thoughts...let's see where it goes.

I should say "any idea is valid regardless of source".

Anyway...

That's it for my 2?ó... Let's let this pan out.

~ Jim

Back