• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2009 BMW MOA Rally?

Translation: The rally will likely be in the western Carolinas or eastern Tennessee :evil

Note: though I am privy to some stuff, despite my best good natured efforts, no one has told me where the next rally is

That would be perfect. I can be at either state line within 45 minutes on great roads.

I Think Not

:bottle Don't we have enough Mexicans here???????? I have no desire to give them any more of my money than we all have allready.:fight

:bottle Don't we have enough Mexicans here???????? I have no desire to give them any more of my money than we all have allready.:fight

:brow

http://www.bmw-nacional.com.mx/

The above club has ties to the MOA. We have, in other words, Mexican friends - and some frequent both this club, this site, and this forum. One might note that the current Picture of the Week on the web-site was taken by an MOA ambassador and president of the above linked club. Please consider how others might view your post.

I for one would love to attend a rally down south, though perhaps not in the heat of July. :D

[moderator hat on]

Ok, folks I think she gets the message, lets not go overboard, remember this was the members first post and a gentle reminder of the rules has been sent.

Lets move on......

[/moderator hat off]

So whatcha all planning on doing/seeing while in Tn? Being as its my neck of da woods I may make this one, ifin' I don't spend all my vacation on all the other places I wants to go see. :laugh

Greg mentioned the Dragon as being fairly close by, but I gotta wonder with the whole BMW nation decending on it over 4 days, it could get a tad crowded! :lol

RM

y'all might want to take a look at the home page just below this year's rally info :whistle

Hopefully your next post will be a little nicer. And they say I don't play well with others.

SE United States would make 2009 my first National Rally. I was thinking 2010 would be my first as I'll retire Dec 31, 2009. Hope the SE Rally is near the Bama, GA, Tenn, abutting area. Great Bar-B-Que/Southern cooking, scenic roads, places of interest, and friendly people. Ride Safe :clap

SE United States would make 2009 my first National Rally. I was thinking 2010 would be my first as I'll retire Dec 31, 2009. Hope the SE Rally is near the Bama, GA, Tenn, abutting area. Great Bar-B-Que/Southern cooking, scenic roads, places of interest, and friendly people. Ride Safe :clap

The Southeast or the Southwest as in the "Texas Hill Country" or NW Arkansas would be nice. There are lots of places with good roads, good food and good weather. I like the Hot Springs, AR area and Fredericksburg and Kerrville, TX. All three have plenty of room as well as the other ingredients.

OOPs. I thought I was posting on the BMW RA forum.

Last edited:
Greg mentioned the Dragon as being fairly close by, but I gotta wonder with the whole BMW nation decending on it over 4 days, it could get a tad crowded! :lol

dragon? we don't need no squid-filled dragon!

come rally time next year your gps will be filled with roads that are *better* than the dragon and nary a squid in sight.

i promise. :nod

ian

The location has been announced. :whistle

The 2009 BMW MOA International Rally will be held at the Appalachian Fair, in Gray, TN, July 16th~19th.
I'd imagine with Plenty of Shade!!!

Last edited:
Johnson City?

Not even close! Gray is the tiny burg it is next to, and the mailing address. Here is a decent map from google. Just hope the fairgrounds gets its site together soon, or we'll have to hire a U2...the sat photos are only to 2000 ft. resolution...just like Antartica!

BTW; What a target enriched moto riding territory! Good job, guys and gals!

Back